SEVENTEEN ; TWO BLONDE BASTARDS

¤¤¤

¤¤¤

As expected, the Company was led into heart of the Woodland Realm. It truly was an eye opening set up, Mirkwood was. The way everything was built around the larger-than-life trees around them, and the way dim sunlight filtered through the cracks in the branches gave the place a sense of tranquility. But that feeling was of course gone once the Company was led down to the dungeons and each shoved into cells.

The Dwarves mostly all protested, but apart from several of their captors receiving swift kicks to their shins by a stubborn Magauna, the Elves mostly had no issue locking any of them up.

By the time the Elves had gone away, and Magauna had sent a last glare at the leading blonde Elf, she'd lost all hope of getting out there. It was as Balin had said as several of the Dwarves attempted to break out by slamming their bodies against their cell's bars: "There's no way out. This is no Orc dungeon; these are the halls of the Woodland Realm. No one leaves here but by the King's consent."

And his words were true.

Magauna sighed as she leaned her back against the wall of her cell, and slid down so she was sitting on the floor.

She'd been aware of the full intensity of the situation since they were all escorted into the halls of Mirkwood; she knew there was no getting out.

Thorin hadn't been brought to the cells, but was instead brought to the King's throne, no doubt so the Elven ruler could offer a deal to the should be Dwarven King.

Magauna thought this was entirely unnecessary. Then again, the Elves of Mirkwood have always been known to be dramatic and ignorant.

Ignorant to what, you may ask?
Ignorant to others.

And so as Magauna sat on the ground with her back against the wall, with her head in her arms, she closed her eyes. Being confined to this cell brought back unpleasant memories. Ones she would rather have forgotten long ago.

In the cell next to her, Fili could hear her heavy sigh. "You alright, Maggie?" He asked.

The Half-Elf opened her eyes and turned her head towards the wall separating them. She smiled, just ever so slightly, that she still had people that cared for her. "Define alright." Magauna responded. When the dwarf didn't respond she sat up straighter, even though no one could see her. "You ever been locked in a cell before this?"

"No." Came Fili's reply.

Magauna resisted the urge to scoff. "You're lucky. I have. Many times. Once for twenty years. And it was all for nothing." Her voice took a venomous hint, though her words were more so directed to herself if anything.

There was a pause before Fili spoke again. "I don't think it was for nothing." He said. "Everything happens for a reason, even if we don't know what that reason is. Just like there's a reason behind every war, a name for every star, or a deeper story behind every great legend."