IX. family of five

MICHAELA'S POV ( Concord, MA | July 13th, 2017 )

A year and six months later, and being married to Chris has been so amazing. We bought a house, adopted a dog and now we were gonna have a baby.

Well, I was the only one who knew about the baby, I haven't found the right time to tell Chris I was pregnant.

I was putting a little surprise together before he came home but to my surprise, I heard the front door open and him calling my name.

"Hey, sweetheart," Chris says, walking into the kitchen and going straight to the fridge to get him something to drink.

"Uh hi," I said laughing nervously, trying to keep my cool while hiding the gift bag behind my back.

"Are you ok?" He asks with a chuckle, looking at me weirdly while closing the fridge door. He stops and gives me a smirk.

"What are you hiding from me?" He said, walking towards me

"Um, nothing" I answered, backing away from him.

"Oh okay...then what's this?" He asks, getting the bag quick, and I tried to take it from him but it was too late.

He looked inside and saw the baby clothes, shoes, and the pregnancy test.

"Chris I-I" Chris cut me off.

"You're pregnant?" He asks with widened eyes, and I looked down at my feet for a second before looking back at him.

"Yes, I'm pregnant," I said with a nod and he looked at me with a huge smile on his face.

"Holy shit, I'm going to be a daddy," He yells, picking me up and spinning me around which made me giggle.

"You hear that bubba, you're gonna be a big brother," He says, looking down at Dodger who was wagging his tail excitedly.

"Man, I love you with all my heart," Chris says, cupping my cheek softly and bringing me into a passionate kiss.

NINE MONTHS LATER. (April 30th, 2018)

"CHRIS!" I screamed his name, looking down at the pool of water between my legs.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" He asked, placing his hand on my lower back as I was breathing in and out.

"My water just broke," I answered and his eyes widened out so hard that it almost looked like they were gonna pop out of his head.

"Shit. Okay, okay" He repeated over and over until I yelled in pain. "Chris, babe we need to go to the hospital"

"Right!" He says with a nod, leaving the bedroom for a second to probably get the baby bag before coming back and picking me up bride style.

When we made it to the hospital Chris screamed for help, sending nearby nurses into a frenzy to get by my side.

They were sweet and gentle to me, helping me into a wheelchair before pushing me down the hall to a delivery room.

"You got this, sweetheart. I love you, I can't wait to meet our twin babies" He says with a big smile on his face.

"Me too, baby, I love you so much. I'm just scared, Chris" I cried, taking off, holding his hand, and squeezing it tight.

"Don't cry, Michaela. I'm right here okay, everything is gonna be fine!" He says, wiping my tears away.

He leaned down to kiss me as we made it inside the room. After hours of contraction then I gave birth to the most beautiful, sweet, and adorable twins.

"Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Evans, you are both proud parents of a healthy baby girl and baby boy." Dr. Wright says.

The nurse placed my daughter in my arms, as Chris sat gently on the side of the bed while he held our son.

"We're a family of five now" He whispered, kissing my forehead. "What should we name them?"

"How about, Jayden and Janelle," I said with a smile and the twins grew a smile as we looked down at them.

"It seems they like the names, Jayden and Janelle Evans welcome to the world," Chris says, wrapping his arms around my waist and head on his chest.