Chapter 1

"Kiana come on- merlin you're still sleeping?!" I woke to Hermione dragging me out of bed. God I can't even sleep can I? "Hermione where exactly are we going?" She turned to me and looked at me like I just asked my own name. "You're getting sorted" she put her hand up to my forehead, "are you feeling alright." I shook my head "yep- uh- just nervous I guess." She just turned and kept dragging me through what felt like the endless halls of Hogwarts. When we finally turned down what felt like the hundredth corridor I could tell that the doors in front of us were those of the great hall. "Are you ready?" she asked. Ready? How could I ever be ready for- she opened the door before I could even think and suddenly all eyes were on us. Great. 

As I walked past the thousands of eyes I noticed two sets of eyes. Harry and Ron. Thank god I know someone other than Hermione here. As I walked up to the wooden stool and hat, I suddenly felt like it was judgement day and that if I didn't get Gryffindor I basically was sentenced to eternal wrath under my sister. 

As I sat on the very uncomfortable stool I suddenly felt a huge hat on my head. "Ah, another Granger, interesting, oh- I see." What? What the hell could this bloody hat "see" it doesn't even have proper eyes. "Better be Slytherin!" Well shit. 

Hermione just looked at me wide eyed and left the great hall with Ron and Harry following her. "Great" I thought; my only friends and family at Hogwarts and I can't even get the same house as them. As I got up and saw the Slytherin table I decided it was better to go after Hermione and let her know I don't control the mind of a bloody hat. As I started walking to the door, I heard a voice among the cheering. "Mudblood. Slytherin tables over here." I turned and saw what I assumed was Draco based on what Hermione had told me. I instantly turned and was filled with embarrassment but knew better than to let someone I didn't even properly know to control me. 

"Was that seriously necessary?!" I said to the platinum blonde as I walked towards him. "Just letting someone as daft as you know where the table was. Wasn't an invitation to come sit." What. A. Dick. "Yeah, go sit somewhere else" said the black haired girl. Great he has a sidekick. "Pansy. Shut the fuck up. Nott, scoot" The brown haired boy scooted over and patted the bench next to him. What do I have to lose? At least two of them seem to tolerate me. I looked over at the dark skinned boy. "Thanks" I said as I sat down. "Don't sweat it, I'm Blaise, that fool is Theo" as he motioned to the dark haired boy. "Thats Pansy" Draco's sidekick. "And Draco." Draco didn't flinch, clearly annoyed that I could breathe the same air and not kneel at his feet. 

"Im Kiana... Granger" I said, nervous of whether or not they would judge me for being muggleborn. "Holy shit that's why she was so mad. Who knew a Granger could be Slytherin?!" Theo said as he wrapped an arm around me and smiled. Ok one down. "Nott" Blaise said with a warning look- "I'm sorry, I'm sure being her sister is a pain in the ass but hey since you're new and clearly stressed, if you want later we're-" Draco cut him off before he could finish. "I'm not smoking with a Mudblood." Am I surprised? Not at all. "Then don't" Blaise stated- "you down Granger?" A chance to rub in the fact that a muggleborn was hanging out with Draco? Count me in. But let's make it even worse for him since I'm such a "burden." 

"If he promises to stop calling me Mudblood" I said as I locked eyes with Draco while his darkened. "In your-" he started before Blaise cut him off. "Deal!" I smiled at the blonde as he clearly was already planning my murder. "Great, we're last dorm to the left" Blaise said. "Wonderful" I said as I still was mid staring contest with the blonde. "I'll go unpack and see you after." As I got up and left I could already hear Draco lecturing Blaise about how stupid he was. I smiled. This will be fun.