Chapter nine

When Lexi woke up, Shane was already up and packing his stuff, Lexi sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"Good morning beautiful." Shane said, Lexi smiled and crawled off the bed.

"Good morning Shane." She mumbled, Shane stood up and wrapped his arms around her waist, Lexi grinned up up him.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked, Lexi smiled, Like shit because you were holding me and not Rick.

"Good, what about you?" Lexi asked, Shane grinned at her.

"Amazing." Not really though because I was holding you and not Lori. Shane said, Lexi smiled and let go of him.

"Well, we have to pack all this up and get on the road." Lexi said, Shane nodded.

Lexi walked out of the tent, immediately she was met with Rick's blue eyes, Lexi looked down and walked past him.

"Lexi, can we please talk?" Rick asked grabbing her hand, Lexi stopped and stared at him. "I didn't mean what I said yesterday." Rick said, Lexi shook her head.

"It doesn't matter anymore." She shrugged, she looked in his eyes than away from him. "I just- I need time away from you, I think." Lexi mumbled, Rick shook his head.

"Why? I don't want to lose you Lex." Rick said, he cupped her face gently, Lexi looked away from his eyes. "Look at me." Rick said, Lexi looked at him and her walls fell.

"Rick, I need space from you because you're a married man who I have a fucking crush on like I'm ten again. So please, leave me alone." Lexi muttered, she took his hands off her face and stared at his wedding ring before walking away.

I like you too. He wanted to say, but he didn't, because he really didn't know how he felt, he just knew he always wanted to be around her, and for her to be safe.

"What was that?" Lori asked, Rick jumped and looked at her with wide eyes.

"N-nothing." Rick stuttered, Lori shook her head and glared at him.

"She just admitted she had feeling for you, how is that nothing?!" Lori yelled, Rick shook his head and started to walk away. "Don't walk away from me!" Lori yelled, Rick turned around and looked at her.

"I'm a grown ass man, I can do what I damn well please Lori." Rick said, he than turned around and started to walk away.

Lexi was chilling in Shane's jeep waiting for everyone to be done packing, the bag of hand guns were at her feet, and so was a bag of clothes she got from Amdrea that were Amy's.

"Okay, you ready?" Shane asked as he came in the jeep, Lexi nodded and looked at everyone.

"Is Morales family not coming?" Lexi asked, Shane nodded and waved as they turned in the opposite direction.

Lexi sighed and watched as all the trees flew by her, she smiled as the wind blew her hair everywhere.

"You really are beautiful Lexi." Shane said, Lexi smiled and grabbed his hand, she squeezed it tightly.

"Thanks." She mumbled, Shane nodded and looked back at the road.

A few hours later.

Shane pulled over behind Dale's rv, Lexi opened her door and got out, she looked at everyone confused.

"What's going on?" She asked, Dale looked at her and sighed.

"The radiator hose, it's out again." Dale said, Shane looked at him than at his rv

"Use more duct tape." He told the man, Dale sighed and looked at him.

"I'm out of duct tape, and this hose is more tape than hose." Dale said, Lexi looked at Jaqui as she stepped out.

"Ya'll its Jim, it's bad." Jaqui said, Shane, Lexi and Rick walked into the rv, Lexi didn't look at Rick once, but she could feel his eyes on her.

"I'm gonna drive up the road, see what's up there." Shane said, Lexi and Rick nodded, Shane walked out and took T-dog with him.

"You okay Jim?" Lexi asked, Jim coughed and looked at her, he smiled weakly.

"Yeah, this ride is just killing me with all the bumps." Jim said, Rick sighed and covered his face.

"We'll be back on the road again soon-" Rick said, Jim cut him off.

"Oh god no. Please, leave me here, I wanna be with my family." Jim said, Rick shook his head and Lexi looked at him.

"If it's what he wants, than do it Rick. It's not you're decision." Lexi snapped, Rick looked at her with wide eyes.

"Okay. I'll go tell everyone and get someone to help me move you." Rick said, Jim nodded and waited till Rick walked out.

"Don't give up on him Lexi, I can tell he loves you, that's how I acted when I met my wife." Jim said, Lexi sighed and covered her face, she chuckled softly.

"I'm not supposed to like him, he has a wife." Lexi said, Jim shrugged and looked at her.

"To helk with Lori, you and Rick are a match made in heaven." Jim said, he than coughed and Lexi handed him some water.

Soon, Shane and Rick came back in, Lexi stepped out of the rv, and walked to Shane's jeep, she got in and sat down.

After getting Jim out and by a tree, Shane walked back to the jeep, Lexi waved at Jim and blew him a kiss, Jim pretened to catch it and put it by his heart, Lexi's eyes watered as they drove off.

"Take a nap, it looks like you need one." Shane said, his hand was on her knee again, Kexi nodded and grabbed his hand, she leaned her head on her other hand and closed her eyes.

"Night." She muttered, Shane smiled and kissed her hand and put their hands back in her lap.

Lexi sighed and quickly fell asleep, the wind in her face, made it cool enough for her to fall asleep.

Shane kept looking over at her, and after one day of driving, they all pulled over to get some rest.