Chapter thirteen

After getting Jenner to open the door, Lexi stood up and started to run with her bags.

She ran to Dale's rv and looked around, Dale wasn't anywhere, she looked out the window and saw Andrea and Dale running.

"Get down!!" Rick yelled, Dale and Andrea hid behind a few bags, Lexi got shoved down. "I'm sorry." Rick whispered as he was leaning over her.

Then there was a loud explosion, it shook all the vehicles, the heat wave went over them, Lexi held onto Rick tightly.

"It's okay." Rick whispered, Lexi sighed and closed her eyes, she was soon getting pulled to her feet. "Come on." Rick muttered, they walked out to Carol cheeroke, Lori was in the back with Carl, Sophia, and Carol.

Lexi got in the passenger seat, while Rick got in the driver's side, Rick smiled at Lori and Carl and started the cheeroke.

"Where are we going?" Lexi asked him, Rick looked over at her than back at the road.

"I have no clue." Rick said, Lexi looked out the window.

Rick pulled over and everyone got out, Rick and Shane agreed that they needed to get rid of a cars.

They decided to get rid of Daryl's truck, and have him use the motorcycle. They also got rid of Shane's jeep. Once everyone was ready to go, Lexi got in the front, Rick was driving, and Lori and Carl were cuddled up in the back.

In the rv, everyone else was in there, Carol and Sophia were asleep on the bed, Glenn and T-dog were playing cards, Shane and Andrea were cleaning guns.

They drove for hours, when they hit the highway there was no way through, cars were everywhere.

They all stopped and got out, Dale's rv broke down again, Lexi looked around and smiled.

"We could find anything here." Lexi said, Rick looked over at her and saw her smiling.

"I don't know how I feel about this, it's a graveyard."  Lori said, Lexi looked at her and rolled her eyes, Rick looked at his wife.

"We're safe Lori." Rick said, Lori nodded and started walking away to look through cars.

Lexi smiled and skipped to a jeep, she opened the doors and started to go through the stuff.

She opened the suitcase and found clothes, she grabbed a pair of black ripped jeans, a skull shirt, a black cardigan and some black jeans.

"What do you got there?" Rick asked coming up behind her, Lexi turned around and smiled.

"Some clothes." Lexi said, she ran to the rv and quickly changed into them in the bathroom.

When she was done, she stepped out, a hand covered her mouth and she fought against it.

"Shh, it's me." Rick whispered, they climbed under a car, Rick kept his hand over Lexi's mouth.

Than Lexi saw all the feet, walking past the car, she heard the growls, she scooted closer to Rick and hid her face in his chest.

Rick kissed the top of her head, and shushed her. Lexi trembled against his body, but once she heard that scream from Sophia, she rolled out from under the car and chased after her.

Trying to run the same way as Sophia did, Lexi got lost, she looked around and called out for the little girl.

Lexi covered her arms, getting cold since it was getting darker, Lexi tried going back the same way, but she just ended up going in circles, Lexi looked around for some place to hold up for the night.

She climbed up a tree, and grabbed her gun, Lexi looked around, there was all types of animals at night.

The deers would run together in small groups, pigs would scavenge the ground for food.

Lexi didn't sleep that night, and as soon as it was light, she was on the ground looking for her way back.

Somehow she ended up at a church, the loud bell going off and scaring her, Lexi took off running, in the opposite direction.

With the group

"Come on guys, we don't have time to spare, we have to find Lexi, Sophia said she didn't see her anywhere near the creek." Rick said, everyone grabbed one of the weapons the Carl found.

When everyone was all ready to go, they walked in the same direction they watched Lexi run in.

Daryl was following her tracks, they were easy to follow during day time, after coming across a tent, and a church, Rick decided to split up the group and send them back to the highway, were Dale and T-dog was.

Back with Lexi

While Lexi was running, she decided to take a break at a creek, dropping down to her knees, she cupped her hands, and drank some water.

She looked around, lost and scared, she didn't know where to go, or what to do. Once she was done with the water, she started to run again.

Coming up into a big field, Lexi saw a farm, she smiled and started to run faster, she saw a girl, around her age standing on the steps.

Lexi stopped running, and clutched her side, she dropped in her knees and tried to get as much air into her lungs as possible.

"Daddy!" The girl called out, running towards Lexi, she dropped down next to her. "You okay?" She asked, Lexi shook her head and tried to breathe slowly.

"Is she bit?" A old man asked, walking down the stairs, he ran over to Lexi and his daughter.

"No, I think she's just having trouble breathing." The girl said, another young girl with blonde hair came down the steps with a glass of water.

Lexi sat up and smiled greatfully at the girl, she took the water and drank some. "Thank you." She whispered, the man tilted her head up, and shined a light in her eyes. "You don't need to do that." Lexi chuckled, she took a deep breath and looked around.

"Are you lost?" The man asked, Lexi nodded and stood up slowly.

"I can't find my group." Lexi muttered, the young brown haired girl, took her arm and took her inside.

"Let's get you cleaned up." She said, Lexi looked behind them one more time and followed her up the stairs. "I'm Maggie by the way." She said, Lexi smiled.

"I'm Lexi." She said, Maggie led her to a bathroom, she showed her what to use, and gave her some clean clothes if she wanted to change.

Lexi stood there, staring in the mirror, she looked around her and started to pull off her clothes, she left them outside the door like Maghie said so she could wash them.