author's note

hello! this is a continuation of my original peter parker imagines book. important updates / things to know will either be updated on this author's note, or put in the beginnings of new updates. please message me with any questions you may have. there is a lot of information in here, and absolutely none of it is necessary to read - but if you want a little more information on what this book will be about or if you want to know a little about me / my writing, feel free to keep reading!

requests: currently closed as of august 2021 - subject to change

warnings: specific warnings will be placed at the beginning of every fic as they aren't always going to have the same warnings. I always give trigger warnings when necessary, so don't worry about that in my fics

spoilers: I tend to write fics after I watch a new movie. I will always warn if there are spoilers, and I usually will wait at least a few weeks after a movie/new content comes out just to be safe.

content: these will all be peter parker fics, and unless otherwise noted, they are mcu peter focused. I have written for both high school aged and college aged peter. sometimes things will be consistent with canon, sometimes not because it won't fit with what I wanted to write. I try not to write peter too ooc but sometimes my writing of him is more similar to peter is in the comics. these fics will usually be peter x reader in a romantic sense, but I also write just platonically as well.

things that may show up:

y/n = your name (this is a reader insert fanfic book, so this should be a given!)

l/n = your last name

y/e/c & y/h/c = your eye color & your hair color (many times in the first few fics I wrote, these have shown up. I'm trying to stray away from using these because I feel it makes the writing choppy, but if they do show up, at least you know what they mean!)

general disclaimer: we are all different. unfortunately it has been a trend (less common in recent years I've noticed!) for reader inserts to reflect how the writer themselves looks/acts. I try my best to stray from that. the reader will never be described in detail, and I'm working on making my stories more gender neutral as well. if any fellow writers are reading this, this is something all of us need to work on. growing up and reading fics where the reader "turns red", throws her straight hair in a messy bun, that sort of thing - it's not a universal experience for everyone! unfortunately I have been guilty of this too because of how normalized it was in many reader inserts! so it's something we should all work on, and I would love to avoid any race or gender specific terminology so that all readers can truly feel included and appreciated. this also extends to sexuality - I always refer to past or potential love interests outside of peter as they/them, or even mention the reader being interested in multiple genders, in order to normalize and let other readers feel a part of the fics we love so much. 

I encourage all of you to not internalize what we read in fics - many of us writers began really young and got inspiration from people who, unfortunately, have written through a tiny lens and have focused on inserting themselves into the fic rather than considering other readers. being of a different race, gender, and sexuality than the writers has meant having limited material where we can really see ourselves.

you guys can always ask me about this topic, as someone who is not the white and straight majority of peter fic writers out there lol, and I will do my best to guide you to resources or educate you a little on my own beliefs on these topics if you're interested!

last important things before you can begin reading :D

- please never ever ever and I mean EVER copy any parts of my writing and repost them. I am extremely strict on where my writing is placed. the only exception to this is if you want to translate my books to another language - in this case, you may absolutely do so as long as you credit me properly somewhere in your book (if you're doing the entire book, which is crazy cool, please credit me in the description of the book itself - if you're just doing one fic or something like that, in the chapter itself is fine too!). if you ever see my work somewhere else, please let me know so I can ask them to take it down. I prefer giving people the chance to remove it first, but I won't stop there if it isn't taken down - I will report them, too. I can always use help finding people copying my fics, as unfortunately it has happened multiple times.

- updates are always random and never scheduled. I wish I had the time to do that, but I can't promise updates every other week or even every month. sometimes when I get close to finishing a fic, especially if it's the next part in a series, I will give you guys a day or two's heads up - but that is all I can do since I'm a full time student and I have a full time job as well.

- I am dyslexic and ADHD (PJO vibes lol). it's something I have learned to get around and adapt with, but you will likely notice some typos or other errors, either cause the spelling got mixed up or I didn't have the patience to sit down and edit. I love constructive criticism, so don't worry about offending me if you wanted to point out some errors (as an English major I could always use that help lol) but also just know that there will probably be some errors for this reason!

- absolutely no hate of any kind is tolerated here. this ranges from arguments in the comments when I notice them, to actual hate speech in any form. unfortunately I have dealt with both and I would hate to report/block anyone, but if it comes to it, I will. I have readers very young on here, and I don't want them exposed to anything they don't need to be. language doesn't count in this, but if you're bullying or harassing anyone, I will have to address it.

- as someone with thousands of followers and millions of reads (which I am so thankful for and constantly in disbelief of), I get a lot of notifications and messages. please always dm me if you want to reach me, as comments on my feed and in my books get lost among the other notifications. if I take a while to respond, I'm either busy with life or busy catching up with other messages - I promise I'm not ignoring you!

- I am a very private person, but you can always reach out to me and ask me anything. I was raised to not share too much information on the internet, lol, and that has stuck with me for many years! so, I'm only comfortable giving out some things, but I love getting to know you guys, so here's a little about me since that's only fair: I go by J, and I'm currently a graduate student focusing on English and History. I'm 21 years old and a Pisces! I have always loved writing, have been on Wattpad since around 2013, and am clearly obsessed with Marvel. I also love animated shows and movies, ranging from ATLA to Miraculous Ladybug to Howl's Moving Castle. I am part of the LGBT community and have been heavily involved in activism for both that and BLM! I am a hopeless romantic, and love writing about love in any and every form, and would die if I could write a romance novel one day. I love traveling and reading, and hope to teach high school English when I'm done with graduate school :)

this was very long, and if you read all this way, I seriously love you :') please enjoy these fics and remember to read my first peter imagines book if you haven't already! I also have some longer peter fics in separate books, as well as a miraculous ladybug fic and a steve rogers/bucky barnes discontinued imagines book.

thank you all for your lovely support :) x j