seven / all I ask ~ part six

a/n: well. I had no way home spoiled for me. LOL since my finals are pretty much over, guess my hiatus was pointless in terms of avoiding spoilers so here's a chapter! also this is not an invite to spoil it for anyone on here so don't think about posting anything 😠

this was meant to be part of a longer chapter but the pacing got weird, so here's what is essentially a short, basically two scene / dialogue filled chapter LMAO I figured this was better than making you all wait longer for a choppy chapter

warnings: language, more angst, dramatic irony, everyone wants to smack peter

"What is this?" Peter asked, raising an eyebrow at you.

You set the tupperware bowl of soup down on his windowsill, glad you had generic, unrecognizable bowls. It wasn't the first time you brought him food in these - but it was your first time doing it with cat ears on.

"You said yesterday that your aunt was sick," you shrugged, "It's a family recipe. Swear it can cure anything."

Peter stared at you for a minute, "You...brought soup...for my aunt?"

"Well, yeah. You sounded worried about her, and I don't want anything to happen to her. I understand how hard it is to be sick when working full time."

You understood even more so as Y/N how much May worked, and it worried you before you knew and Peter were soulmates. Peter stressed as much to you how he hated that she worked overtime almost every week, and the idea that she was doing it while fighting a cold bothered you.

But, you figured Peter would accept soup before he'd accept stolen money, even if it would help the bills. 

"Thank you," he said quietly, and you felt your lips rise up in a smile. He'd never thanked you for anything you brought before.

"Of course. I hope she feels better soon."

Peter set the soup on his desk next to the homework he'd been working on slowly, his eyebrows scrunched up like he was thinking too hard. You wanted to make some joke about how grumpy he looked, but luckily caught yourself at the last minute - that was a Y/N joke. Not a Black Cat one.

"How was your day today?" You asked, hoping you could get an actual answer. Usually you would get a short response or him just ignoring you and sticking headphones in until you got the hint.

"It was alright," he answered, and you tried not to look surprised. He couldn't see your face, anyway. "Most of my classes are just watching movies since Thanksgiving is coming up." 

"Same," you responded, "But one of my teachers assigned a pop quiz the day before break, so."

"That sucks," Peter muttered, and you had to agree. This was usually the part where you would try to continue the conversation and Peter would start to get annoyed, but for some reason today felt different. So you asked a question you were sure would annoy him.

"What's your favorite movie?"

You already knew it, of course, but it was kind of funny to watch him struggle to not answer simple question. Any time you asked him about himself, he just seemed to shut down - like he was already annoyed you knew his name, but he definitely didn't want you to know his favorite color or anything. That would just be too much info, apparently.

It was silly to think he would talk to you at all, so you tried not to gape when he actually answered.

"A New Hope," he glanced toward the back of his room, probably at his Star Wars collection. You tried not to smile at the memory of his excitement when he found a collectible set for dirt cheap on craigslist. "What's yours? Ocean 8?" You burst out laughing.