one / halloween

a/n: hope you guys are planning to have a safe and fun halloween if you do celebrate it, here's a little treat! I can't believe how well these two requests fit together so I purposefully waited to post them until october! starting this new book off with something very short and sweet and no pain involved :) because I'm nice :) for now :) :)

warnings: language, drinking, there's also a bunch of references from The Mummy (1999) per the request! 

this is pretty short unlike my usual fics but they will almost never be this short again, pinky promise :)

reminder that requests are closed !

"Oh, come on, it's not that difficult to get! And it's a conversation starter anyways. Anyone who hasn't seen this movie should be forced to watch it."

Your friend gave you a look before snorting, "Okay, whatever."

You frowned at her before looking in the mirror again and adjusted your outfit slightly. It took a while for you to put it together, but you wanted it to be as movie accurate as possible. You had forced your hair into a messed up bun, put glasses on, had a big loose black scarf over your librarian outfit, and of course the hat. 

The Halloween party was a costume one, of course, but it was also 90's movie centered. Everyone would be dressed as a character from a 90's movie, and you thought that would be fun. The Mummy was one of your favorite movies, something your parents played a lot around you growing up, so of course you wanted to dress as Evelyn. 

Your friend had chosen to dress as Dionne from Clueless and almost managed to bully you into going as Cher with her, but ultimately you didn't think it would be as fitting - so you went with the Mummy.

"I just figured you wouldn't want to have to explain who you were all night," your friend shrugged, and you smacked her with your book prop as she laughed. 

"Bet you ten bucks at least one person will know. Come on, The Mummy isn't like, an underground movie or anything."

"Sure, I'll take that bet - in fact, I'll also bet you twenty bucks there won't be anyone else dressed as a character from that movie," she chuckled as you rolled your eyes. "I'm just kidding, you do rock the nerdy librarian look."

"Gee, thanks."

She took a little longer to finish her look, but she pulled it off really well. You both arrived slightly late to the party, but you didn't care - most people were already drinking and some were still pouring in. 

The guy hosting it was someone your friend met at college with a weird name you couldn't remember, so you didn't know anyone else there. For some reason, though, it wasn't as daunting trying to mingle with people once you had a drink or two. Seeing everyone else in costume also made it a little less anxiety-inducing, especially the people dressed up as ridiculous movie characters.

One guy bumped into you while you were trying to find your friend after getting separated, and immediately apologized before pausing.

Both of your eyes looked at each others costumes, realizing how similarly themed they were. You had seen Leonardo DiCaprio's Romeo, Patrick from 10 Things I Hate About You, and way too many other recognizable costumes. But you finally figured out who he was dressed as and you were thrilled to know you won a twenty dollar bet.