seventeen / catfish ~ part two

a/n: hi everyone tehe. I am alive (I say for the second time in nearly a year). so sorry for that cliffhanger and disappearing off the face of the planet for several months. the phd is kicking my ass! in a good way but still!

warnings: language, possibly some bad puns, slight near death experience, this is a spider-man fic come on

You smacked your alarm clock a few times, finally hitting snooze. It took you a minute to feel awake, finally sitting up and opening your phone. No exciting messages - just a class group chat complaining about a quiz, and a picture from your mom of your dog from home.

Without thinking too much about it, you opened tinder, and were surprised to see a message (considering you hadn't matched with many people). You felt a little disappointed when you realized it was the fake Spider-Man.

what, why? :(

It took you a minute to remember what you sent him, but you scrolled up to see it: dude. you have got to work on that bio.

You stood by that, so you typed your response.

it's lame, and i'm pretty sure you stole those puns from online somewhere. isn't spider-man supposed to be funny? more creative? also the wink is awful

You were surprised to already see a message only a few seconds after you sent that one.

ouch. well, to be fair, my name is spider-man. that isn't very creative so really you shouldn't have expected anything better!

how long did it take you to come up with that? be honest

The typing bar was going for a while before disappearing.

...I don't want to say

uh huh

You put your phone away, getting ready for class before you were late. Your roommate was gone already since she liked to work out early in the morning, which was fine by you - having the room to yourself in the mornings was a dream come true.

Somehow it felt much harder to get up for college morning classes than high school ones. The first period in high school used to start at 7:00, since you took multiple classes in a year, but now this 8:00 AM course was kicking your ass. It didn't help that it was physics, a class you couldn't seem to get a good handle on.

Luckily, a familiar face greeted you as you looked for your seat. 

"Hey, Peter," you smiled, sitting next to him like you usually did. Up until yesterday, you never really spoke to him much, but you took last night as an opening. 

"Hi, Y/N," he grinned. If you weren't late, you probably could have chatted with him more, but your professor started lecturing almost immediately.

Still, you leaned toward Peter slightly, keeping your eyes on the front. 

"Sorry again about yesterday," you said quietly as the professor turned to the board again. 

"Don't worry about it," Peter whispered back, smiling, "Remind me to never go to a party on a Thursday night ever again, though."

You snorted, covering your mouth when your professor gave you a dirty look. 

"As I was saying," he frowned, going back to lecturing. 

Both of you focused on the material again, and you tried not to get bored. Physics wasn't easy, and if you didn't have someone you knew in the class, you would probably fall asleep considering it was an 8 am.