Chapter 4: Unforgivable Spells

Valentina's POV

--- DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS CLASSROOM ---

--- CLASS, 9.17 a.m. --- 

Despite me being a Durmstrang student, I am still going to study at Hogwarts. The rest of the students left – not wanting to study anything. They prefer to train physically rather than studying to get more knowledge. I wanted to join them train after I finish this class, which turned out to be DADA (Defense Against the Dark Arts), taught by the fake Alastor Moody himself. I have yet to tell Professor Dumbledore about the new... information I got about this fake Alastor Moody. I can't tell Professor Dumbledore yesterday because I know that fake Alastor Moody is watching me and Harry closely. 

I got myself out of my thoughts when fake Alastor Moody started the lesson. He took a chalk and started writing his name on the chalkboard while saying a few things, "Alastor Moody." 

His handwriting almost made me cringe because for all I know, real Alastor's handwriting is a bit more neat than that. 

"Ministry malcontent. And your new defence against the dark arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?" Fake Alastor asked and everyone was silent before he continued, "When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?" 

I immediately tensed at the question and gripped on the chair. The unforgivable curses reminded me of how my 3rd cousin passed away. My 3rd cousin, Ophelia, passed away because Voldemort sent her the killing spell. Avada Kedavra. Ophelia was one of the people Voldemort wanted to recruit. And of course, Ophelia fought against him. In the end, she lay dead on the floor with her wand near her hand, her lips slightly parted, her body not moving, her eyes open and lifeless and her sunshine-y hair spread out messy on the floor. I closed my eyes, wanting the image of it to be gone. 

Hermione then answered, "Three sir." 

I clenched my jaw hard and opened my eyes again. It is a mistake for Hermione to answer it because I know that fake Alastor Moody will pick 3 students to mention it. I am afraid that Hermione will be one of them and she will not like it. I know what type of person Hermione Granger. 

"And they are so named?" Fake Alastor asked another question. 

"Because they are unforgivable. Use of any one of them will-" Hermione got cut off by fake Alastor who finished Hermione's sentence. 

"Will earn you a one way ticket to Azkaban. Correct. Now the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different!" Fake Alastor said while he wrote on the whiteboard, "You need to know what you're up against, you need to be prepared, you need to find somewhere else to put your chewing gum other than the underside of your desk Mr. Finnigan!"

Heads immediately turn to Seamus Finnigan, a Gryffindor student. We saw that he really is sticking his chewing gum on the underside of his desk. I rolled my eyes at the way he is acting. Don't students here learn attitude? No offense to Harry and Hermione. I didn't mention Ron because he really doesn't have an attitude when he's eating. 

"Aw no way, the old codger can see out the back of his head." Seamus whispered but it is quiet loud, making me let out an exparated breath. 

That's when fake Alastor Moody loses it and he threw his chalk to Seeamus, making him to try to avoid it, unsuccesfuly, might I add. 

"So, which curse shall we see first? WEASLEY!" Fake Alastor Moody pointed to Ron. 

"Yes?" Ron asked fearfully as he avoided fake Alastor's gaze.