Chapter 23:

TW: hints at abusive parents

if this triggers you then please skip the italics it only adds to the plot a tiny bit so it does not matter too much but just read w caution xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aurora's POV:

"Why were you late to school?" my dad shouted at me.

"I umm I didn't mean to be late, I just forgot the time and I guess it just kind of happened." I said whilst shaking.

"Well that's not good enough is it?" he said taking a step closer to me.

Fuck.

"Daddy I'm sorry, please don't." I pleaded.

Sweat dripping down my forehead, my heart pounding out of my chest as I tried to gather my bearings. My ears were ringing as the light from my window flooded into my room. I felt a sharp pain in my lower back, after a minute I made my way over to my mirror to see if there was anything there. A massive purple bruise covered my lower back, fuck. I thought it was just a dream but apparently not, it didn't feel real, it didn't feel the same as when I was younger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elle's POV:

"Hey, yeah, I'll be right over." I answered to Aurora over the phone.

*ding**dong*

She opened the door to let me in with her head held low, not looking up to face me, before running upstairs into her bedroom. Honestly, I'm not quite sure what is happening, I mean I don't think I've done anything wrong but then again I probably have.

I decided to follow her upstairs to her room to find that her door was shut, I gently knocked on the door.

"Hey Aurora, can I come in?" I asked.

"Y-yes." I heard through the other side of the door.

Slowly opening the door, I see Aurora curled up in a ball in the corner of her room, crying. I walk over to where she is and slide down the wall so that I am now sat next to her. Pulling her into me, I feel her tears start to wet my shirt.

After a while, I felt her breathing slow down and become more consistent, she raised her head up to mine, locking my eyes with hers she spoke.

"I'm sorry." she lowered her head back into my shirt.

Sorry for what?

"Princess, sorry for what?" I asked softly.

"Everything, you know," no I don't know and that's why I asked, "just like how I'm a shitty person and that I don't deserve anything or anyone, especially you." she started to cry again.

"I need you to tell me what happened, okay?" I asked, feeling her nod.

"My...my dad, he umm he did it again." she stuttered.

"Aurora what did he do?" I could feel my anger start to rise.

"Umm n-nothing." she said before she got up and ran to her bathroom and locked the door.

"Aurora please let me in." I whispered.

After a while of sitting with my back against the door I made my way to her bed as it was getting late. About thirty minutes later I drifted off to sleep thinking about what could have happened between her and her dad, I mean surely it couldn't have bean that bad. Right?

                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aurora's POV:

I don't even know why I invited her over, I mean I'm in no state to talk to anyone right now, yet she's here in my room, probably worrying about me.

After a while I start to feel tired, maybe because of all the crying or because it was getting dark outside. I opened my bathroom door, not sure whether I was hoping for her to have stayed or not, only to find her curled up in my bed.

She looked so peaceful laying there, but all I could think about was how I don't deserve her. How she's always here for me. How she looks at me and how she loves me. Yet I always feel like a heartless monster.

I crawled into bed with her, trying not to wake her, and snuggled into her. Her arms wrapped around my waist as she pulled me in for a tighter hug, even though she was still asleep. The sound of her breathing soon sent me to sleep as if it was a lullaby.

***

It's the next morning and I feel slightly less shit than yesterday, but I guess that Elle being her helps.

"Good morning princess." I whisper before pecking her on her forehead.

I feel her starting to stir in my arms, that's when I felt it. A sharp pain right where her hand had just moved to.

"Ouch." I hissed.

I think I accidentally alarmed Elle with this as her eyes shot wide open.

"Shit Aurora are you okay? What happened?" she asked with a panicked look in her eyes.

"It's nothing I must have accidentally lay strangely last night so my back aches a little bit." I lied.

"That's fine I'll massage it for you," she offered, "just roll over."

Guess I'm going to have to play along.

Rolling over, Elle then straddled my back right where it hurts causing my to wince in pain. She started to rub my shoulders causing me to moan a little bit in my defence she's hot and it felt really good.

"So is everything okay after yesterday?" she asked, breaking the silence.

"Umm yeah, I just got in a fight with my dad and was having a bit of a moment." I partially lied, I mean technically it was to do with my dad but she can't know the whole story.

"You would tell me if something was wrong right?" she asked again.

"Yes." I stated.

"I love you." she whispered into my ear.

"I love you too, baby." I replied.

I can't risk our happiness just because my dad is a dick, I mean she deserves the world.

If I'm totally honest I think that I have done a little bit more than just fallen for her, she's perfect.

——————————————————

A/N:

Hey guys sorry for the lil sad chapter but you lot needed a break from smut.

Anyway feel free to leave a vote or a comment if you enjoyed this chapter xxx

.