Part 2 | Spaghetti and Friends

Frisk got a backpack that he used for school, a little tattered but usable. "Hey! Don't leave me here!" Flowey demanded while being stuck on the end table. "Sorry," Frisk said while strategically adding the pot in his backpack. He ended up placing it in a small pouch on the side. "Don't leave me behind with Toriel or Asgore. Especially when you all are being sentimental," Flowey demanded, Frisk took notice of how the flower had a mix of sorrow and anger. Anger, he had seen before. Fear and sorrow, he'd seen. The only time he had seen this mix was when...

"The Great Papyrus has returned! I must bring rations to our escapade!" Papyrus loudly interrupted, which also meant he wanted to bring his spaghetti. "Hey! We're not bringing that poison with us! I don't even need it! Those other two will die if you bring it!" Flowey shouted. Papyrus was taken aback and looked at Frisk who looked away. "Is it true Frisk? Will my spaghetti bring more harm than good?" The last time Frisk ate it, it still wasn't that good. The girl walked past them and went straight to the fridge.

Everyone stared at her as she grabbed a container holding some spaghetti. Slowly but surely she tried some and her face scrunched up. Her hair covered her face before she found where the spices were. Reaching for some pepper and salt she dusted the spaghetti and ate more normally. Thinking back, Frisk remembered that it just tasted horribly. "Last time I tried his spaghetti, I nearly died," Flowey commented. After a little while, the girl finished. "I'm sorry," she apologized. Papyrus looked at her confused but kind of blank look. "Tiny Human, why are you apologizing?" She looked at him with her eyes brimming with tears and said, "I didn't mean to be rude. I'll eat it, just don't feel bad."

Frisk couldn't help but notice her eyes change to blue for a second before it turned back to a brown color. "Tiny Human! It's fine! I'll just have to work harder!" when Papyrus smiled, the girl smiled back with a sense of relief. Frisk looked back at Flowey who noticed her eyes as well. "I don't know about that girl Frisk. She seems harmless enough, although most humans haven't been kind to the idea of monsterkind returning."

He could only nod as the girl helped Papyrus pack two containers of spaghetti into his scarf. "Well, the tiny human and I are ready to head out!" Papyrus said. "Well, let's get going then. It'll be dark soon and I want to get this over with," Frisk explained while walking ahead.

"What are human villages and towns like tiny human?" Papyrus asked the girl. She stopped to take a moment to think, at least that's what Frisk interpreted from the silence. "I guess, it's dangerous. I'm not allowed to be out at night. People could take me away from home if they wanted to and I'm not allowed to talk to the people who don't have homes," she said nonchalantly. Papyrus replied, "Wow! That does sound dangerous. I wonder if there was a way to make you humans safer?" Papyrus began to ponder until she asked, "Besides, what about the boy? Isn't he human?"

"My name is Frisk. I don't belong to any other humans. My family are the monsters that became my family." he didn't mean to sound so harsh to her. "I'm sorry." He didn't mean to make an outburst like that. "Forget what I said. Let's just keep moving on."

"My name's Alina."

"What?"

"My name's Alina. I know you're probably mad at me but if you told me your name. Then I thought it's be polite to say mine." She avoided eye contact each time Frisk looked back at her. Almost like she felt guilty for his outburst. On the fifth glance, Frisk noticed her biting lip. It looked as though she wanted to say something but didn't have the courage to speak.

For a while it was silent, the tension made every quiet as a mouse. "Let's set up camp here for tonight," Frisk said once the sun had completely set. The sky was barely lit. With each second, Frisk felt his mind swirl and disagree. "Thank you. For telling your name."