Part 8 | -_-

Everyone came back to the pasta splattered flower. "What took you so long? I had to stop the pot from overflowing then the sauce bubbled. I didn't know what to do. My roots got stains on it because of that! THEN." Frisk stuffed a candy into Flowey's mouth. "That was one of my ten items. I'd like you to read the room Flowey," Frisk mentioned as everyone came back with mixed feelings. Oliver guided Alina and Papyrus back to the pot and decided to clean up before they cooked again.

"Should it really be spaghetti again?" Alina asked. The conversation carried as Jess walked up to Frisk.

"Listen if you have demons in the closet rather than a skeleton. Then I'm keeping my eye on you. However, I'll make a truce. You're taking us home right? Then I'll only bother you when it's necessary. Vice versa, and then when I'm home... I can't overlook whatever you did. I will find out. So for now. Let's just try to be okay with each other." Her small speech made Frisk respond, "I did do something and it's none of your concern. It never happened, there's no physical evidence. The only evidence is myself."

Looking at Jess she walked towards the other to help them. "Maybe but I believe that everyone should atone for sins they do. It's better to live your life knowing you faced the consequences, rather than waiting for something to force you. Especially if it forces you to do something horrible," Jessica said while she walked away.

Strangely, it was the closest thing that would be considered friendly. "Does the spaghetti poison anyone?" Chara asked in a hushed voice. He probably wanted no one to hear him talk to Frisk. Frisk shook his head, "No. It was pretty good after they started helping him out." A long sigh followed, "Well, must be nice. Having experienced actual cooking rather than a ghost sandwich."

Napstablook could make ghost sandwiches. Nothing else, but ghost sandwiches. If Chara wanted to eat with others, it was with sandwiches that never changed. Frisk never knew what made them ghosts so he never got to help Chara with food. Not like Chara needed food, it was more so just for the experience.

Nevertheless, there was nothing anyone could do. "I don't know what you want me to do," Frisk said while watching the group cook. Alina was jumping back from the bubbling sauce causing her to bump into Jess, who was struggling on how to check the noodles. Oliver jumped in to stop both of the food over boiling and Papyrus was taking notes in the background. The sight made Frisk smile, "Maybe we could try bringing you back to life. We've never cone anything on the surface before."

Chara looked at the group and the flower who was sleeping with a full stomach. "That'd be nice. I could actually join you guys."

Frisk watched the others help each other and learn together. Smiling without him, yet the sight of them having fun made his soul warm and without him knowing. It glowed a bit brighter just like it did back in his first run.

A quick glance at Frisk, Chara noticed the smile and watched the group as well. "We'll find a way. Alphys actually has time to steadily focus on it now. Just wait."

The two share a small moment of silence and contempt. It was silent. It was nice. The sun was setting on a hectic day.

"I wonder what's going to happen to tomorrow"