Part 7 | Chaos

Oliver walked with Frisk into the seclusion of the forest. Frisk knew this was probably a bit unsettling, "So, why are we out here? If I may ask?" Oliver asked. When they stopped, "I gotta ask you a question. Can you see anyone else?" When Frisk looked back to Oliver, the boy was confused. "What do you mean? Like another human?" Oliver asked as he began to look around. "Something like that."

A quick turn allowed Oliver to notice Chara. Turned away from Frisk, Oliver stood still after stumbling back a few steps. Frisk couldn't tell if he was scared, shocked, or impressed. If anything it was just a gamble of how he would react. "Oh this guy is interesting. His LV is obviously low but his defense is somehow a negative number. It's really impressive."

Frisk walked to see Oliver's face. It was as white as a cloud in pure daylight. "Is that a ghost!?" Oliver said as he ran to Frisk's side. Frisk look at him and he seemed like a child rushing to their sibling's side, "I can't believe that ghosts are real! Is it going to hurt us? Is it going to haunt us? Will everyone be okay?"

Chara was smiling as he circled the two causing a strange run around with Frisk in the middle. "What's wrong?!" "Is everything alright?!" Jess and Alina shouted as they rushed over.

The three looked at the girls and the tall skeleton who followed behind. Jess and Alina take a good look at Chara before Papyrus questions, "What is wrong, other human!? Was there danger?!" The girls watched as Papyrus couldn't see the literal ghost in front of him.

"Don't worry," Chara said, "This bonehead can't see me or even hear me. Although am I talking to people who can only see me?" When Chara got closer to Jess she stepped back and said, "I can hear you. Although I don't like how you are acting." Papyrus kept looking around in the area Jess spoke. "Human Jess, is there something there?" Chara floats away back to Frisk. "Do you think all humans can see me?" Chara asked only for Alina to walk up. "Please don't haunt my family!" she exclaimed.

It was that one line that made everyone silent. To be honest, no one knew why they stopped speaking but Chara reveled in the fact that the girl reminded him of... Frisk then said, "He's ghost but he only can haunt me. As strange as it sounds." Alina nodded and stood her ground as Chara floated away. "Are you serious?" Jess questioned. Jess walked towards Frisk, "How long has that ghost been around? How long have these two been with you? Why are you bringing us back to our homes? What is your motive?"

Annoyed, Frisk explained, "I am taking you all back for the ones I care about. You humans judge everything before getting to know what it is. If any of you are at my hometown then plenty of humans will take it as a negative thing. Just like you." Jess wouldn't stop and Frisk could only see the glint in her eyes that made him want to either walk away or probably fight her. "The difference that I'm making here is that you don't feel like a person who is all innocent. I know nobody is completely innocent but you. Something about you reminds me of plenty of terrible people. That monster I met is more innocent than whatever you had done. I don't normally judge people but you did something that would spark my paranoia."

"Stop!" Papyrus said in an almost heartbroken tone. Everyone looked to him, even Chara, who was watching the drama unfold. "Even if Frisk did do something terrible. I know he'd fix it. He saved us from the Underground. He stayed to help us, even when he could've gone home or found a new one. I'm sure, whatever he did can be justified."

Jess took a few deep breaths and walked back to Papyrus. Chara chuckled a bit, "Wow. She must be a pain. Anyway, Frisk. It looks like you're collecting a handful. Good luck."

It was a hard choice. Should Frisk ever help Chara again after everything? Probably not. "Hey, was that ghost guy always following us?" Oliver asked with his voice barely hesitating. Frisk looked him in the eyes and answered, "No. He was technically gone when I met you." When he met Alina, that was when Chara most likely disappeared. Alina carefully walked up to Frisk, "Is the ghost gone?" She still looked terrified. "Why? You scared of ghosts in general?" Frisk asked while shoving his hands in his pockets. She glanced to the side, "Kind of. It's just I'm not really supposed to be around ghosts. My grandparents told me that they'd follow me home."

Before Frisk even spoke, "Hey, let's go try cooking. Maybe you could show me how you make spaghetti. (since that's all we have)." Oliver spoke the last part in a hushed voice. Frisk assumed it was so he wouldn't be rude. However, her hands were still shivering. It wasn't cold but most of the day was wasted in this small area. With barely movement to the first human town and a new troublesome companion.

The three humans walked back with the skeleton, leaving Frisk to stare at them. "I just want to live peacefully."