Chapter 26

Previously on Chapter 25

I turn my head to face the person. "I have a solution for Y/N to be free..." he said. "What is the solution?" I said. "It's not a simple task... and I have a condition if you want me to free her" he said. "Okay. What's the condition?" I said. He smirks at me and told me his condition, my eyes widened at what he just said.

You've got to be kidding me...

-What Should I Now?-

Gaara P.O.V

When I reach home, it was already nighttime. I make my way to our shared bedroom, trying to be quiet so I won't wake my wife. I head to the bathroom for a little fresh up.

After I'm done, I make my way to the empty side of the bed. Y/N is sleeping so peacefully. I bit my lips as I gently place my hand under her head, pulling her closer to me gently.

She moves a little. "Gaara?" She said. "Yes, honey... it's me. Go back to sleep..." I said, kissing the side of her head softly. She snuggles closer to me, burying her face in the crook of my neck. I hug her closer as I play with her hair softly.

I hear a soft snore coming from Y/N. I smile as I run my hand through her soft hair. I bit my lips, trying to hold back the tears as I recall what happened earlier.

I'm sorry, Y/N...

***

Y/N P.O.V

I wake up the next day to an empty bed. But the bed next to me feels warm, letting me know that Gaara might still be at home. I sit up on the bed and yawn softly, while stretching my arms.

I move to place my feet on the ground and stand up. The first thing I do is to check my daughter in the nursery room. She's almost a year old now. Time sure flies by so fast, huh?

I open the door to take a peek. She's standing on her crib and grins when she notices me. "Heyy~" I said. "Mama!" She said, outstretching her arms wanting me to pick her up. I smile and walk towards her and gently scoop her up in my arms.

I make my way to the kitchen, and I was right. Gaara is still in the house. He's currently cooking right now and wearing an apron. I smile and walk up to stand next to him.

"Hey... good morning..." I said, smiling at him. He turns to me and smile. "Hey, honey... did you have a good sleep?" He said. "I do... why are you still home, Gaara? Don't you have works to do?" I asked. "Well, I took a day off. Temari and Kankuro will be taking care of the work for me..." he said. "I see... so, what are you cooking?" I asked.

"Medicine..." he said. "Medicine? What medicine?" I said, looking at him in confusion. "Your medicine... it's going to help remove the controlling jutsu on you" he said. "How do you know it's going to work? And are you sure it's safe?" I said. "The person that made this potion assures me that it's going to work" he said.

"And you trust that person?" I said. "Yeah... he won't hurt you..." he said. "Who was it anyway?" I said. He turns to look at me. I can see something in his eyes... but I can't tell what it was.

"Sorry, Honey. He don't want me to tell you" he said. I let out a hum. "Well... if you're sure. I'm going to trust you..." I said. He smiles and gently place a soft kiss on my cheek.

He place them inside a bowl and turns to me. "Here.. eat this..." he said. I gently take it from his hands. I place my lips near the bowl and take a sip. I gagged at the peculiar taste.

"What?" Gaara said. "It tasted so bad..." I said. He let out a chuckle. "I know. But the person said you have to drink the whole thing. Come on... I know you can do it..." he said. I let out a sigh and nod my head. I pinch my nose as I try my best to drink the whole thing.

Once I'm done, I start coughing because of the after-taste. "Here... drink this..." Gaara said, handing me a glass of water. I grab it from him and chug it down. I let out a sigh of relief as the bad taste faded, but it's still present... just not as bad.

"So... how are you feeling?" Gaara said, looking at me in worry. I turn my head to look at him. "Uh... who are you?" I asked. His eyes widened at what I said. "What? Y-You don't... y-you don't r-remember me?" He asked, looking sad and broken.

"I'm just kidding..." I said, giggling. "Oh... don't do that to me!" He said. I let out a giggle and wrap my arms around his neck. "Sorry..." I said. He wraps his arms around my waist, burying his face in my hair.

"That really scared me..." he said. "Oh, I'm sorry... I won't do it again. I promise..." I said. He just nods his head, snuggling closer to my embrace. I feel his arms tighten around me.

I pull away slightly and smile at him. He smiles back at me. Suddenly my sight begin to go in and out of focus. Gaara must have noticed this, as he looks at me with a worried expression.

"Are you okay?" He asked. "I... I don't feel so good" I muttered. My sight starts to get darker as I start to feel more dizzy. Eventually my eyes roll back and I fall limp in his arms.

Gaara P.O.V

"Y/N!" I said, panicked. She suddenly fall limp in my arms. I kneel down as I holds her close. "Wake up, Y/N... come on. Don't mess with me again!" I said. She didn't budge.

"Temari... take care of D/N for me..." I said, turning to Temari who just walked into the room. "Why? What happened?" She said, looking worried. "I... I don't know... I just gave her a medicine. The person that gave it to me said it'll help free her from that jutsu. But this happened..." I said.

She frown at what I said. "Okay... just tend to her. I'll take care of your daughter, okay?" She said, smiling softly at me. I just nod my head, giving her a small smile of gratitude. I get up with Y/N in my arms and make my way to our room.

I gently lay Y/N down on the bed. I pull the blanket up to her neck. I kneel down beside her on the floor. I gently hold her hand in mine.

"Oh, Y/N... why does this always happened to you? Gosh... I feel so helpless because I can't even do anything to protect you... I'm sorry, Y/N... I'm so sorry..." I said, as tears streams down my cheeks. I bit my lips as I look down. I place my head on the bed, still clutching onto her hand as I cry silently. Oh Lord...

What should I do now?

*to be continued*

A/N: hmmm... 🤔🤔🤔. What do you think happened? And who's that person and what did Y/N drank? Will it work? And what will happened next? Keep reading and find out in the next chapters! Love ya~