Chapter 47

Previously on Chapter 46

"Of course... I love you too, Gaara" I said. He smiles and gently cups the side of my cheek. He leans up and places a soft kiss on my lips. I smile into the kiss and kisses him back.

-I'm A Little Shy-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm just sitting on the couch in Gaara's office, reading a book while waiting for Gaara. I have my leg over the other as I hold the book in one hand, while placing the other on the arm rest to support my chin with the palm of my hand. I told Gaara a while ago that I should just head home. But he asked me to stay, because he wants to make sure I'm alright. I still kind of feel a little exhausted after using a lot of my chakras.

I hear movement and turn my head to see Gaara standing up from his seat. He smiles at me as he makes his way to me. He take a seat next to me and leans his head on my shoulder. He take a peak of the book I'm reading.

"You really love this author, huh? I've never seen you read any other books" he said. I turn to look at him. I nod my head with a wide smile. I turn to look at the book once again as I turn the page over.

"Yeah... I really do. F/A is such an amazing writer. All of their work is just amazing. I feel like I'm going through what the character did and it was really awesome" I said, grinning excitedly as I talk about my favorite author.

"Do you love the author more than me?" Gaara said. I turn to look at him to see him pouting. I blink my eyes at him. I burst out laughing as I place the bookmark on the page I'm currently on. I place the book on the table and turn to him, cupping his cheeks softly.

"What's with you being jealous over an author? The one I love is the works... not the author" I asked. He just wrap his arms around me, placing his head on my chest. I let out a giggle while ruffling his hair gently. He nuzzle his head closer to the crook of my neck.

"So you love me more" he said. I shake my head as I let out another giggle. I place a kiss on his hairline. He pulls away slightly to look at me. "Right?" He asked. I smile softly and nod my head.

"Of course..." I said, making him grin happily. He leans closer to me and places a soft kiss on my lips. I just smile into the kiss and kisses him back. "Gaara... this isn't a place to do this..." I said.

He let out a chuckle and pulls away from me. He places a soft kiss on my forehead. "Then let's head home... I have finished all my paperworks" he said. I just nod my head. He stands up and scoops me up in his arms. I let out a yelp at his sudden move. My arms automatically wrap themselves around his neck.

"A little warning next time" I said. He just let out a soft chuckle at my comment. He places a soft loving kiss on the side of my head. I just smile softly at his gesture. I let my head rest on his shoulder as we make our way outside.

***

We have finally reached home. I gently pat Gaara on his shoulder, letting him know that I want to get down. He just shakes his head stubbornly and continue to walk with me in his arms until we reach our shared room.

He make his way to our bed and gently lay me down. I stare at him with a pout, while crossing my arms across my chest. Gaara let out a laugh at the expression I give him. He tilt his head to the side while placing his hands on his hips.

He sits down next to me, pulling me closer to his side. I gently place my head on his shoulder. He runs his hand through my hair gently, making me let out a soft hum in appreciation.

"Why are you pouting?" He asked. I pull my head away from his shoulder. He smiles lovingly at me as he place a quick peck on my lips. I place my head on his shoulder again.

"You could have just let me walk. I've already told you that I'm feeling fine..." I said. He let out a chuckle at my comment. I feel his shoulder vibrates a little because of his little laughter.

"Is that it? You're pouting because I didn't let you walk?" He asked. I just nod my head in response. He ruffles my hair gently, making me let out a protest. I grab his hand, making his arm wrap around my shoulder instead. I feel a kiss on the side of my head. "I'm sorry... I just want to make sure that my beloved wife is doing alright. Even if you said you're fine, you did use up a lot of chakra when you try to heal Itachi. I didn't mean to make you upset..." he said. I let out a sigh and snuggle closer to his side.

"I'm not upset..." I said. He let out a questioning sound. I turn my head to look at him. He stares at me in curiosity, wondering what got me sulking. I look away from him as I fiddle with my fingers. "I'm... kind of shy..." I said, in a hushed tone.

"What was that?" He asked, confused. He leans his ear closer to my lips. "Repeat it please... I can't hear you the first time" he added. I blush deep shade of red and try to back away, but Gaara just pulls me closer.

"I'm shy..." I said, a little louder this time. Gaara turn to look at me and raise his eyebrow. I bit my lips and looks away again. "Everyone's watching when you carried me in your arms. It kind of make me shy..." I said. He let out a laugh and shake his head. He leans his forehead against mine as he caress my cheek softly.

"Everyone knows we're married. Isn't it normal for a husband to be worried for his wife? Besides... what's wrong with that? I'm just showing my loving side to the woman I love with all of my heart..." he said. I just smile shyly at him. He smiles brightly and gently places a soft kiss against my lips. I close my eyes and gently kisses him back.

"I love you, Y/N" he said, cupping the side of my cheek tenderly. I lean into his touch and smiles. I place a soft kiss on his nose, making him twitch it playfully.

I let out a giggle. I wrap my arms around his neck and smiles brightly at him. "I love you too..." I said. He smiles at me and pulls me closer for another kiss. I run my hand through his hair as I kiss him passionately.

*to be continued*