Chapter 49

Previously on Chapter 48

Along the way home, my mind keeps drifting off to the Uchiha brothers. How will their fate be after they reach Konoha. The only thing I can do is hope for the best and that they will be spared. After all, they're the victims.

-New Additions-

Y/N P.O.V

It's been months since Itachi and Sasuke left to go back to their village. I haven't heard of them since the day those two left Suna. Even though there's nothing I can do for the two of them, I can't stop myself from being worried. I wish could have done something for them. They didn't deserve any of their misfortunes.

They've went through so much pain. Now they have to face the consequences of their action that wasn't their choice. At least, that's how it is for Itachi who's been forced to kill his people... his own parents. Sasuke choses the path of revenge himself. But that was because he didn't know why his brother massacre the entire Uchiha clan.

I'm currently preparing some food for my kids, along with some bento boxes to bring to Gaara later on. I call out for S/N, who comes running towards me. I turn to look at her in a scolding manner.

"What did mama tell you, honey? You shouldn't run in the house" I said. I place my hands on my hips, while staring at her sternly. She give me a sheepish smile and rubs the back of her head.

"Sorry, mama..." she said. She walks towards me and wraps her arms around my waist. She looks up at me with a puppy gaze. I let out a giggle and gently pat her head.

"Alright... I'll forgive you. But, remember not to do it again, okay?" I said. She nods her head eagerly and lift her hand in a promise manner. I let out a giggle and kiss her forehead. "Now go and take a seat by the dining table. Your lunch is almost done" I said. She grins and nods her head.

Temari walks inside the kitchen while carrying my son. The baby let out a giggle at the sight of me as he starts to clap his hands gleefully. I giggle softly as I make funny faces at him, to make him laugh more.

"Someone had a good sleep... isn't that right, handsome baby?" I said. He let out a laugh as he reaches his arms out to me, wanting me to carry him. "Sorry, honey... but I'm preparing food right now" I said, earning a pout from him. I just giggle as I smile at him apologetically.

After a while the food is finally ready. I place D/N's food portion on her plate and place it in front of her. "Wahhh~ chicken katsu!" she said, excitedly. I giggle softly at her reaction and places a soft kiss on top of her head. I turn to Temari who's still holding S/N in her arms. I walk up to her and gently pick up my son.

"Sorry, honey..." I said. He just wraps his arms around my neck. I place a soft kiss on his cheek, forehead and nose. He giggles softly at my action, making me smile at his question.

***

We enter Gaara's office. He's sitting in his usual spot by his work desk. He looks up as we walks in. A soft smile adorning his handsome face.

"Papa... lunch" D/N said, placing the bento box on the table in front of him. Gaara turns to face her and grins at her. He picks her up, gently placing her on his lap. He starts showing her face with kisses. She giggles and hugs his neck.

"Thank you, sweetie... papa is really hungry" he said. D/N just grins at her dad. Gaara turns to look at me. He give me a soft smile, making my heart flutter at the sight. "And thank you to you too, my love..." he said. Gaara stands up and grabs the bento box. He walks towards the couch and take a seat. He gestures me to sit next to him. I just do as requested.

Gaara starts to eat the food, letting out a soft hum. He turn to me and smiles. "It's tastes delicious, love..." he said. I give him a soft close eyed smile. He gently places a soft kiss on my cheek, and continues to eat. I turn my attention to S/N who's playing with his hands as he sits on my lap.

A While Later

Gaara is back sitting by his work desk. He asked me to stay here with him until he's done with his works, which he said won't be too long as he's almost finished. D/N is playing with her brother on the play mat. While I just sit on the couch, reading a book.

A knock on the door diverts my attention from my book. "Come in..." Gaara said. The door opens to reveal the least people I expected. My eyes widened at the sight of them.

"Itachi? Sasuke??" I said. The two of them smiles at me. They turnt to Gaara and bows at him, to show respect. Sasuke's behavior also seem to change. He seems a lot gentler now.

"We've been released from prison. The court realize that we're just victims. So, they let us go... and we've decided to come to Suna. Maybe, stay here?" Itachi said. I turn to look at Gaara to see him thinking about it.

"Gaara..." I said. He blinks his eyes and turns to look at me. "Please? Just give them a chance. I'm sure they're not the same person as they were before. Let them have a chance to fix their mistakes" I said. He stares at me for a few seconds before nodding his head. He turns to look at the brothers who's staring at him expectantly.

"Very well. I shall grant you permission to be a part of Sunagakure. But of course, the two of you will be placed under a tight surveillance. Just to make sure you both will not cause any trouble" he said. Itachi grins happily while Sasuke let out a sigh, but his sigh sounded like relieved.

I smile at the brothers. "Welcome to Sunagakure as new additions to our village" I said. They smiles softly at me. D/N stares at Itachi with curious eyes. The older Uchiha notices her stare and turn to look at her. She flinched and rush to hide behind my legs.

"Oh my... I'm sorry, little girl. I didn't mean to scare you" he said, placing his hands on his knees to be on the same eye-level as D/N. "My name is Uchiha Itachi. Will you let me be your friend?" He asked. D/N peeks at him from behind me. She turn to look at me as if asking for permission. I nod my head, letting her approach Itachi. She cautiously walks towards her as Itachi offers a hand to her.

"My name is L/N D/N..." she said. Itachi smiles and pat her head. "I'm going to be the best kunoichi! I want to be just like my parents!" She proudly declared. Itachi let out a chuckle.

"That's a pretty name... and I'll make sure you'll achieve your dream. If you want... I can train you" he said. Her eyes sparkle as she stares at Itachi with the look of pure admiration. I smile at the sight as I pick up S/N in my arms. Yep... welcoming them to Sunagakure is the best choice we've made.

*to be continued*