Chapter 45

Previously on Chapter 44

I need to stop Sasuke from killing Itachi. He needs to know that Itachi did it to keep him safe... that Itachi loves Sasuke more than anything. I can't let Sasuke kill his brother... he's going to regret it. I'm going to protect Itachi. I'm going to protect an innocent soul.

-Saving-

Y/N P.O.V

I turn to look at Gaara. "Gaara... we have to stop Sasuke from killing Itachi..." I said. He frowns at what I said. "Why, Y/N? He's the one who tired to tear the two of us apart" he said. I let out a sigh and nod my head.

"I know, Gaara. Okay? I know... but he did that for his brother. Okay, that sounded wrong as if I'm siding Sasuke... but you know what I mean, Gaara" I said. "He tried to separate us... just so his brother can have you" he said.

"He's lost Gaara... Itachi is lost! He didn't know what else he can do, to make it up to Sasuke. It's not like I'm saying what he did was right. It's just... feeling lost... feeling like you don't know what to do. You'd do anything to make things right. Maybe that's why Itachi thinks doing what he did would make Sasuke happy..." I said. He stares at me and sighs softly. He keeps his eyes downcast, not looking at me.

"Do you like Sasuke?" He said. My eyes widened at what he said. "How could you say that? Gaara... I'm not saying this because I feel something for Sasuke. I only care for him as my friend, and nothing more. I love you... and only you! I can't believe you'd say that. Is that how much trust you put in me??" I said, looking at him with a hurt expression. I can see his eyes widening.

"Y/N... no. That's not what I meant" he said. I shake my head. I turn around and walks out of his office. I walk towards Temari who's playing with D/N. "D/N. Come on, honey... let's go home" I said. "But mama... I still wanna play with Aunt Temari" she said. "We'll play some other time, okay? Now come on..." I said. "Okay..." she said. I hold her hand and we make our way outside.

***

The kids are sleeping in their room. I'm just sitting on the couch, with my head resting on the backrest. I stare at the ceiling as I recall what Gaara said. How could he say that I feel something for Sasuke? How can he even think that??

I hear the front door open. I turn my head to see my husband. I let out a sigh and stand up. I turn around and walk away. But before I could take another step, I feel a pair of arms wrapping around me.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry that I'm so stupid for saying stuff like that to you, Y/N. Please forgive me... I just feel so insecure, because I'm scared that I'm going to lose you to another man..." he said. I let out a sigh. "You should've trust me more, Gaara... you knew how much pain the two of us went through... I love you. I don't want anyone but you. It hurts to know that you trust me so little..." I said. He buries his face into the crook of my neck.

"I know, love. I know... I know that I'm so stupid for saying that... I-I am s-so sorry. I just can't to lose you again. I don't want to" he said. He starts to cry softly. I can feel my shoulder getting wet from his tears. I let out a sigh. I turn in his arms and cups his cheeks.

"You're not gonna lose me, Gaara" I said. "Promise?" He said. I nod my head and stand on my tippy toes, placing a soft kiss on his lips. "I promise..." I said. He tightens his arms around me.

He pulls away and smiles at me. "Let's go save your childhood friend..." he said, making me grin happily. I nod my head. "Let's go!" I said. He smiles and grab my hand.

Time-skip

We have been traveling for days now. Temari is back home in charge of looking after our children. Gaara, me and a few others will be the one going there. We can only hope that we can reach there in time.

I can see ruins in front of us. I can see Sasuke, he's cornered with his back against the wall. I quickly rush towards them. Itachi fell on the ground with blood flowing out of his mouth.

I kneel down next to him and place my hands on his chest. "Weise heil!!" I said. A soft f/c glow coming from my hands. I keep focusing, trying to keep his heart beating.

"Come on, Itachi!" I said. Sasuke stares at me with a surprised expression. "Let him die! What are you doing?!" He said. He try to run towards me, but my husband appears and holds him back before he can get any closer. "Shut up, Sasuke! You don't know what Itachi is going through!" I said, turning to glare at him.

"And you do?" He said. I let out a sigh and rolls my eyes. "Come here... and place your hand on his head. I'll transfer his memories to you..." I said. He looks a little hesitant. Gaara push him forward, making him kneel down next to Itachi.

"Place your hands on his head..." I said. He slowly reaches out and place his hands on Itachi's head. I focus on transferring Itachi's memories to Sasuke. His eyes glaze over as he starts to see what Itachi's going through back then.

I watch as Sasuke's tears begin to stream down his cheeks. My eyes soften at the sight. "Now you know, Sasuke..." I said. He lowers his head and place his forehead against Itachi's. "Nii-Chan... p-please don't d-die" he said. He lift his head and turn to look at me with a pleading gaze.

"Y/N... please save my brother" he pleaded. I just focus on healing Itachi. I close my eyes as I focus. Saphira... lend me your strength. Bring back Itachi... I said in my thought. Use as much as you need, kid... she said.

I open my eyes as chakra starts flowing through my veins, which strengthen my healing power. The glow in my hands starts to get brighter.

"Come on, Itachi... don't you give up on me" I said. I can feel Itachi's heart starts to beat again. His eyes fluttering a little. He slowly opens his eyes. Sasuke's eyes widened.

"Nii-Chan!!" He said. Itachi slowly sits up. Sasuke instantly hugs his brother. I breathe heavily. Gaara rush over to me, wrapping his arms around me. I lean my back against him.

"Well done, Y/N... you did it" he said. I turn to look at him and smile softly. I'm so glad... I manage to save Itachi's life. Hopefully, Sasuke and Itachi will be able to make amends after this. After all, they're all each other have. I just sit in Gaara's arms, watching the reunion of the two siblings.

*to be continued*

A/N: Itachi is ALIVE!!!! Yayyy!!! That totally changed from the anime. But whatever... this is my story. I hope you like it! Stay tune for more!