5

We all tense up at his words, the door closing behind him almost bringing an ominous feel to the room as he lifts the documents high enough so we can see them, the small stack of papers feeling like they hold the world's greatest secret for some reason.

Hoseok, too nervous to stay away from me after hearing that this concerns me, gets out of bed and comes join Yoongi and I on the couch before making me sit on his lap, his arms closing around my waist as if to protect me from what is going to be said, something I'm more than glad for because I'm already nervous, my heart not getting much respite today.

"So I had an ability scan done on both Kim Seokjin and Kang Y/N and after analyzing the results, I've found that sir would have indeed opened a sort of... portal, to bring miss over. Now, that's going to be helpful in explaining her presence here and will definitely be used to her advantage so you can rest easy" he informs us first and a collective relieved sigh resounds in the room, Hoseok's arms squeezing me as his forehead hits the surface of my shoulder.

"But" he continues more seriously and I hold my breath, unsure of what to expect from this whole thing. "I found something weird coming from her test" he mumbles before showing the documents he's carrying to Namjoon who steps closer to grab them with a frown, a brief look sent my way before he's turning the first page to see what's inside.

His eyebrows furrow as he reads, a sight that does nothing to reassure me as we watch him flip through the pages.

"What am I looking at, doctor?" he eventually asks the older man, his eyes confused as if what he's seeing doesn't make any sense.

"The former is sir's scan, the second miss'" is the only reply he gets, but it seems enough to explain a lot because our soulmate bites on his bottom lip before releasing it, eyes falling on Jin, then on me before looking through the scans again.

"They're almost the same" he says in disbelief, words that have Jin standing up quickly to take a look too, his face telling me that this shouldn't be possible. He grabs the documents that Namjoon hands him and looks through them quickly, eyes widening when he sees the same things too.

"They really are..." he murmurs before looking up at me as if I'm going to start glowing anytime now.

The doctors asks for the documents back so he can show them something.

"See that here? That's the core of sir's ability. To carry her over to this dimension, its energy had to create a portal to her dimension at a precise time and location, meaning it was expecting her arrival. What I don't understand is that its energy is still within her, as if she absorbed it. My theory would be that his ability gave up a part of itself to allow her through the portal, like setting a lock and then giving the key to open said lock, although she wouldn't be able to use the ability as it's not hers. Tomorrow, we shall do a second blood test, I want to see how she's reacting to the ability's energy" he explains, words that baffle all of us, but especially me.

Jin takes a moment to take a seat next to Jungkook on the bed, the latter cuddling him to help him calm down while I remain still on Hoseok, not knowing what to think of this. His ability is still in me?

"It's not just... a remnant? The doctor who had the scan done on me said that it would leave a trace, residual energy" I ask, lips curling downwards when Doctor Cho shakes his head with a sigh you would have to a stupid question, a behavior that is quickly condoned by my soulmates when they narrow their eyes at him.

The doctor clears his throat and tries to compose himself before answering my question.

"If it was a remnant of its energy, it would already be fading, it would be pale and dissipating but in this case, it remains strong and very present, which means it has taken root within you. These documents will be very important in making sure that you can stay here legally, so what we've found is actually really good. The government will be able to explain your appearance here and you will be added into the system" he explains and I nod lightly, glad to have Yoongi holding my hands because I would probably be pinching my skin in an anxious reflex if not for him.