8

"Hyung! Can you ask the shadows where she is?" Namjoon shouts as he searches around the room, his mind not having taken him to the closet where I am just yet.

Damn it. I'd completely forgotten about their abilities. Crap.

"You say I'm close? Alright, thanks hyung~".

Fuck. So Yoongi is a snitch then.

"That means you can hear me, right kitten? Don't be so nervous, I'm not going to do anything to you" Namjoon coos but it's like a wolf acting all cute before jumping, I don't trust him.

Holding my breath as much as possible, I hear him walk around some more before he gets closer to the closet and I close my eyes tight, now just hoping that he won't see me because I can't even imagine what he would do otherwise.

Just believe that Yoongi messed with you. Just think that he lied to you or something and go away.

"Ah, there you are".

My breath hitches in my throat and I open my eyes to see the door open to a very amused Namjoon, his hand holding the clothes aside to reveal my curled up body in the corner, the pillow barely doing anything to hide me from sight.

I press my lips together and can only observe as he gets inside, but where I expect him to pull me out, he instead closes the door.

And then it's pitch black again, except I'm not alone anymore.

His breathing gives me the chills, the light echo that keeps us away from the world bringing with it a sense of danger that has me on high alert, soul ready for anything that might happen, skin almost imagining his phantom touch, heart unsure and afraid, but also thrilled and impatient to see what's going through his mind right now.

Suddenly, a speck of gold appears in front of me, a simple dot that brings some light into the small space and I notice Namjoon sitting in front of me with a smile. He lifts a finger and just boops it into the air where another speck of gold appears.

My eyes widen as I remember what Taehyung had said yesterday. He'd said that Namjoon could paint the sky with beautiful colours.

And that is exactly what Namjoon does as he keeps spreading dots around him, a soft white and gold alternating until the space is filled with them and when he hums in satisfaction, where I think he's done, I realize that it was only the beginning.

With an open palm, he starts lathering strokes of purple, of blue, light and dark to create this beautiful universe that has my eyes wide as I take in everything I can, the way he so elegantly creates a masterpiece with his hands like it's the easiest thing he's ever done.

Then, with a twist of the finger, his creation slowly starts turning around us as it encases us in a beautiful world that lights up both the small closet and my heart, amazement filling all of me as he gazes at me with gentle eyes, none of that predator energy I was expecting to find to begin with.

"This is... gorgeous, Namjoon" I let out before breathing in deeply when my lungs start burning, my fascination having me forgetting how to function.

He smiles softly before looking down to grab my marked arm's hand and his fingers start sliding over my skin, trails of colours remaining behind, warm and tingling, it feels as if they're alive as they sway to the rhythm of my heart.

He slides between each hearts, each caress making my heart skip a beat, ones that the lines echo silently and when he reaches the inside of my elbow, he goes back down to do the exact same thing in the opposite direction, a tease for my soul as he avoid the marks but not enough that I do not feel the strength of his love that flows from the colours surrounding his heart.