Chapter 57: Employed

"She looks like she was told she won the Squid Game."

"Let's be honest, if Jisoo was Sangwoo, Jennie would've handed her the marbles herself."

"She wouldn't have made it across the line in time even if she was given half an hour."

Jennie held a dopey smile, blissfully unaware of their jokes.

"There can only be one cause for this disgusting sweetness so early in the morning," Nayeon started.

"Jisoo." They said in sync.

"Huh? Where?!" Jennie abruptly stopped in motion to search around for her girlfriend. She hit her friends with a pout when she realized her girl wasn't there.

Nayeon covered her eyes in annoyance. "Save those sad feline eyes for Jisoo. I would rather not feel guilty for tricking an overgrown baby mandu."

"Mandu?" As if it was Jisoo's word to be summoned, she appeared in front of them, slightly frightening Irene's faint heart.

Naturally, Jisoo's hand found Jennie's, curling a soft and firm hold on them. Jennie forced a thin-lipped smile to keep her girlfriend from seeing her disgustingly wide grin she was being teased for.

"Morning, mandu." She gave up when Jisoo kissed her protruding cheeks as a greeting.

"Finally. I was going to let her walk into the pole if she didn't stop smiling like an idiot."

"I'm telling Jeongyeon unnie, you're being mean to me." Jennie frowned.

"Oooh," Nayeon pretended to shiver. "I'm shaking in my boots."

"You should know Jeong is the one that lives in fear of Nayeon, Jen." Jisoo chuckled. "The Great Im is inevitable."

"Hmph! You're my girlfriend! You're supposed to be on my side." Jennie frowned.

"Of course, love." Jisoo poked her cheeks to calm her down. She gave Jennie a charming smile seeing how it worked.

But she'll never know it's her endearment that had Jennie's face so flushed and heated.

"Her teeth are blinding to the sun." Jeongyeon walked to them, followed by the other girls.

"Reminds me of Chuu." Lisa chimed in, collecting a kiss from her girlfriend.

"She is Chu." Jennie claimed, reciprocating Jisoo's kiss from earlier.

"No, not Chu. I mean Chuu."

"Huh?"

"Kim Jiwoo, our friend. The girl has never not smiled a second in her life."

That name sounds awfully familiar. Rosé noted.

Jennie was quickly distracted by the ringing of Jisoo's phone. The older picked up from her pocket, saw the contact name, and put it back in.

"Stop being mean to whoever that was and pick it up."

"Fine. But you'll answer." Jisoo sleazily slid her fingers over the screen and put the phone on Jennie's ear before she could refuse.

"Hey Jistupid, how dare you not answer me the first time!" The person yelled into the phone, practically bursting her eardrums.

Jennie was quick to fight back. "Watch your mouth when you speak her name, IDIOT!"

"Jennie?" The caller on the other line questioned. Stunned, Jennie checked the contact name and looked back at Jisoo who was fighting back a dirty grin.

"Womb Shareholder 🤢🤮"

"Fuck you."

"Gladly. Let me know when you're free." She successfully winked for once.