4

Spike crept up behind the Verbati Demon as he snarled into its ear, "Let 'er go, or I'll cut your heart out."

The demon just laughed, as he slammed Paige's head into the wall again. Spike heard Paige's heart slow to a dangerous level; he drove both daggers into the Verbati's back causing him to explode. Paige slid limply down the wall. Spike knelt down beside her, and checked her pulse. He found a very weak one and was about to administer CPR when he remembered that he didn't breathe. He back away frustrated as he yelled, "Well don't just bloody stand there whitelighter, heal her."

Leo knelt down, and healed her. She stood up, and wrapped her arms around Spike's neck, and gazed longingly into his eyes. Spike slowly untangled himself from Paige's embrace, and walked out of the manor. Paige hurried after Spike, and caught up to him just as he as was about to jump onto a building. She called out Spike's name, but he simply ignored her as he ran off. Paige knew where he was going, so she orbed to the Golden Gate Bridge. She saw him standing on the edge of the bridge an unlit cigarette hanging out out of his mouth. She walked up behind him, but before she could say anything he said, "You're probably wondering why I just took off the way I did."

Paige grinned as she said, "Yeah kind of."

Spike lit the cigarette that was hang out his mouth as he said, "I left because if you die I don't think I could handle that, by the way how did you find me?"

She smiled as she said, "It's Leo's favorite place to come and think. Don't worry Spike you'll never lose me."

Spike sighed as he said, "I guess I'm just scared that you'll lose interest in me, and order me to go."

Paige wrapped her arms around him as she said, "I'll never tell you to leave."

They were about to kiss when Spike heard a voice that said, "Paige I'm shocked you hated me for my past, but yet you're with one of the most feared vampires in history."

Spike vamped out as he snarled, "Bugger of you sod."

Cole laughed as he taunted, "All it ever is threats with you, why don't you fight me."

Spike smirked as he said, "Remember Belthazor I drank some of your blood, I'm as strong as you, and faster."

Cole threw a fireball at Paige, but watched as spike dove, and knocked out of the way. Then as he stood up he looked at Cole, and in a deadly voice he said, "Your going to pay for that Belthazor."

Cole said in a challenging voice as he hurled two fireballs at Spike, "Come on then you bloodsucking leech."

Spike moved with lightning speed as he slipped past the fireballs, and hit Cole in the jaw with a devastating haymaker. Cole's head was jerked back, and Spike renewed his attack by peppering Cole's stomach with a wicked combination of jabs, and hooks. Cole roared in pain as he waved his hand, causing Spike to slam into one of the bridge supports. He staggered over to where Spike was laying, and was about to kick Spike viciously in the ribs. When all of asudden Spike grabbed his leg, and twisted it hard, breaking it. Cole screamed in pain as he grabbed Spike by the collar of his duster, and tried to sling him into the water, but Spike simply brought his left knee up into Cole's face breaking his nose. Cole let go of Spike, and clutched his ruined nose as he screamed, "This isn't over."

Spike laughed as he said, "You're right, this isn't bloody over."

Cole shimmered away as Spike took out a cigarette, lit it, and took a drag as he said, "Ya know luv we should really get back."

Paige gave Spike a suggestive look as she said in a husky, seductive voice, "I don't know we could stay here for a while."

Spike threw his half smoked cigarette over the side of the bridge as he took Paige in his arms, and whispered softly into her ear, "And do what pet?"

Paige began to kiss his neck as she whispered, "What do you think?"

Spike wasted no time as he scooped her up into his arms, and carried her to his apartment.