T E N

Meanwhile Rafe was back at Tanneyhill trying to reason with himself why he couldn't let Maddie go. Emily had left the boat last night and was waiting for him in his room when he got home. She said that he couldn't get over Maddie and as much as he tried to convince her or maybe himself that he wasn't in love with her he knew that in the back of his mind what he did wasn't right and he couldn't figure out how to fix it this time.

It wasn't long before Ward was there and things weren't going to go well.

"Rafe what the hell did you do to my boat?" He boomed.

"Threw a little party dad, just wanted to let off some steam. But then Sarah and those damn pouges showed up and everything went downhill from there"

It wasn't unlike Rafe to try to throw the blame on Sarah from time to time. The problem was Sarah was Ward's favorite and everyone knew it.

"You will clean that boat up and you need to start applying yourself more around here. 20 years old and haven't worked a day in your life. Grow up Rafe or you're out" Ward's words stung like a bee. He was quickly out of Rafe's room and back down the hall to his office.

When Maddie was around Ward never bothered much with Rafe. Mostly because he stayed out of trouble and didn't cause more problems for his dad. But also because Maddie pushed the boy to be more than what society thought of him as.

——————————————

It was now night time back at the chateau and everyone had made themselves comfy around the fire once again. Except this time Maddie found herself right next to Kie.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a thing for JJ?" I was going to get to the bottom of those looks she was giving off earlier.

"I don't" simple, yet attitude was laced through her words.

"Kie, it's okay. I'm done with that anyway it was only to get  back at Rafe and JJ knows that."
And that was the truth. All this started the night at the party. JJ knew the goal was to make Rafe jealous.

"It's not that I don't, it's just no pouge on pouge macking has been our rule since the beginning of time"

And there you have it. Kie was into him! I feel so stupid I should've known.

"Kie! I'm so sorry."

"I was never mad at you Mads." She laughed
"I knew you weren't over Rafe"

"I'm so glad I found friends like you guys. I'm so glad Sarah had found you guys. This is the kind of people I wanna be around"

I really did enjoy every minute with these goons. It wasn't all country clubs and fancy dinners, it was bonfires and days out on the marsh and It really had me wishing I had grown up a pouge.

Text message from:
Rafe Cameron-
Listen. I'm sorry about earlier. You have every right to be mad and I keep taking things too far. I understand if you wanna be apart for awhile.

From Mads💜-
It's in the past. Let's just forget any of this ever happened. We were never more than just friends.

From Rafe Cameron-
If that's what you want...

"Guys! Why don't we throw a party tomorrow!" JJ was now screaming at the group

"Boneyard?" John B was quick to back him up.

"Do you guys not remember what happened the last time you guys had a party down there?"

Kie was definitely the level headed one of this group and it didn't take long at all to see. She seemed to always be the one trying to keep them together, and always out of trouble.
I applauded her for that, these boys were the definition of trouble and every time I was around they were always coming up with some sort of adventure to go on.

"We have grown Kie. We are adults now. Mature if you will" The smirk on JJ's face never faltered. He was a man on a mission.

"It was 3 weeks ago"

"Yeah see Kie, growth."

"Whatever JJ, but no guns this time please"