F O U R T E E N

Sarah was currently in the shower getting ready for tonight.

Rafe:
I'm glad I got to see you baby

"You weren't still showering earlier were you?"

"Sarah oh my god!" I screamed jumping up from the end of my bed pulling my phone in tight to my chest.

"Sorry" she laughed along with me

"Couldn't help myself, so anyway. What really happened?"

Her face was now back to lacking emotion as she began to question the events that unfolded in this very room just a few hours prior

"So I got out of the shower and he was just here... acting like old Rafe. Never mentioned Emily, just about how he wanted to see me"

As much as I didn't want to question Rafe and Emily's relationship, I knew if I brought her name up Sarah will spill everything she knew about the couple in question without me even having to ask.

"Really? That is weird. She was at the house last night everything seemed fine. He told her she couldn't come here this morning and she was mad but no break up fights or anything. Just her normal bitchy attitude"
The way Sarah talked was so 'matter-of-fact' like. She ended her statement with a shrug of her shoulders and continued straightening her long blonde hair. Only glancing at me in the mirror a time or two.

"So they didn't break up this time?"

"What do you mean this time?"
Her eyes met mine once again.

"Well normally when this happens they're in a fight or break up. He never cheats on her, ever."

"Oh my god Maddie... how many times has this happened to you."
At this point she had sat her straightener down and swung the chair around to meet me face to face. I looked down as I feel my cheeks begin to brighten.

"Umm, well just about every girl in the last few years"
I didn't meet her gaze and i dont think I needed to.

Her arms were around me within a second and I sunk into her warm hug.

"Mads, babe. I had no clue I'm so sorry my brother has done this to you"
I could tell her words were sincere.

"I did a lot of it to myself Sarah don't worry about me"
I laugh to try to lighten the mood but Sarah was still giving me her empathetic eyes as she went back up to the vanity to finish her hair.

It wasn't long before we were both dressed and ready to leave for the country club. Topper was supposed to be here in 5 minutes to pick us both up. Awkward, I know but the Cameron's were a few doors down and had happened to already leave for the country club. Telling Sarah not to be late for their grand entrance.

"Ignore him tonight Maddie. I give you full permission to use Top to make him jealous."

"I won't take it that far trust me" I giggled rolling my eyes.

Before I knew it Topper was honking from outside in the driveway. Sarah and I took our time down the stairs trying not the trip over the long dresses we had managed to squeeze ourselves into. 

"You ladies look beautiful, shall we?" Topper opened our doors and helped us in, Sarah jumping in the back and myself sitting passenger. One thing I wasn't expecting when I hopped in the front seat was to see Rafe and Emily snuggled up in the back seat of the jeep.

I know my face read all the emotions but I quickly looked down from the rearview mirror as Topper's driver door shut and hoped no one knew I had saw the other passengers.