T W E N T Y

I currently found myself alone at the country club. Sarah was supposed to meet me here but ditched once again for John B, considering he couldn't get into this establishment this would require me to spend the afternoon alone.
I would call Topper but last I heard he was off with Ward and Rafe, handling whatever "business" I was not to know about.

I swing my feet against the top of the water sending crystal blue waves dancing to the other end of the pool that I was currently sat around. Any other time I would enjoy the peace and quiet of the club but today I couldn't seem to focus on anything other than what Rafe was trying to hide from me.
"Hey Mads" his words catching me off guard as he placed himself beside me.

"Jake."
The tone of surprise echoed off my tongue and my eyes finally met those of my new company.
"I'm surprised to see you not attached to Cameron. What's up with you being here alone?"
Though he asked in a question the matter-of-fact tone told me he was more or less trying to pry. A smirk very evident across his face. You see Jake and I dated before Rafe and I started our fling. He was the "bad break up" and no matter what anyone says, Jake will always claim that we broke up because I cheated with Rafe.

"Out doing a job like the big boy he is, unlike the lowlifes that seem to be hanging around here these days" the words leapt off my tongue before I could catch myself.

"You always were a class A fucking bitch, Maddie" he spat, for some reason causing a grin to spread across my face.

"For once in your boring fucking life could you leave her alone man."

Thank god for Topper right now.

Wait... Topper?

"Glad to see you still have your body guards, or should I say fuck buddies?"

Jake was now up to his feet and throwing glares between Topper and I, though my eyes hadn't left Toppers.

"You're so right Jake, thanks for pointing it out, once again." My words quick and annoyed turning my back to him, now excluding him from the conversation I was about to find myself in with Topper.

I can hear the pads of his feet slowly fade into the distance before I start throwing my questions at Topper.

"Why're you here?"

"I have a membership..." he trailed off not understanding why I was so unsure of his current location.

"You were supposed to be with Rafe" i edged on.

"Now who the hell said that" his chuckle making me realize that once again Rafe Cameron had told me a lie.

When Topper noticed his laugh didn't meet me he soon changed the conversation back.

"Fuck. He told you he was with me?" His concerned tone brought me back to all the reasons I liked Topper.

"You and Ward. I swear If he's at Barry's I'm going to kill him"

"I've told him a thousand times if he's gonna include me in a lie to at least tell me" he trails off almost speaking to himself.

"You would lie to me Top? For him?" My eyebrow arched, spending him a glare as my arms made their way to my chest.

"No Mads, like not for you just In general. I would never lie to you!"
He stuttered and squeaked his way to his response before pulling at my crossed wrists and pulling me into a hug.
"Please don't make me help you find him" he begged into my ear.

"You don't have to, but you better not deny that you told me..."

It was now currently dinner time and Rafe and Ward had just pulled into the driveway. Gravel still settling as Rafe threw his door open, marching into the house, door slamming behind him in rage. Rose, Wheez, Sarah and I were all currently sat at the table waiting on the Cameron men to come in so dinner could start, which I quickly learned they didn't know by the look on Rafe's face when he spotted mine.

"Maddie, baby..." his words trailing as Ward was now the one marching through the door.

"Rafe, the next damn time I tell you to stay in the truck you stay in the truck! But you know, now that I think of it, there shouldn't be a next time, because next time you're out." He spat. Sending shivers down though my spine at his harsh words.

Rafe threw his gaze to me once again, causing a confused look to meet Ward's face, that was until he turned his head and met all of our stares.

He quickly let go of Rafe and made his way into the dining room, quickly kissing Rose and finding his seat at the head of the table.

No one really spoke at dinner after that. Rafe occasionally would stick his hand on my knee but i more than once had shrugged it away. Ward tried to make normal conversation with everyone but no one was really in the mood after the show he had put on for us all.

I couldn't have been more relieved when Rose released us from the dinner table. Rafe and I moving in sync up the stairs and down the hall to his room.

"So where were you today" i start, before the latch of the door had even clicked shut.

"I told you, handling business with dad and Top." His confidence didn't meet his eyes though and I knew it wouldn't take long to break him.

"Well the way your dad talked Topper wasn't there"

"He stayed in the truck Maddie, this is dumb. Stop." The annoyance was seeping out of his words as he grew annoyed with our conversation and turned to his dresser for new clothes.

"Are you doing drugs again?" The confidence left me just as the first word was spoke. My voice small and afraid of what was to come next

"You think Topper would've went with me to my fucking drug dealers house Maddie? Grow up." He glanced at me before turning back to what he was doing.

The words sent a pang to my heart from the hatred his words held. Thank God someone spoke up before I could.

"I wasn't with you today, Rafe." Topper started walking out of the bathroom.
"I let it slip to her at the country club, but to my defense I didn't know" you can tell by the look on Toppers face he wanted to run. No one ever goes against Rafe Cameron, especially not to side with his girlfriend.

"You're so fucking dumb Topper. Get the hell out!" He screamed, sending chills throughout my body. As the door clicked shut rather hastily, Rafe's body was now turned fully to mine. His eyes sending daggers through my own.

"You brought Topper to my house? What else were you doing with him up here?" Jealously.

"I was worried about you and he offered to come help, but as you can see that didn't last long" I could no longer meet his eyes as he took steps closer to me.

"I wonder why he wanted to 'help', he's practically drooling over you every chance he gets and don't tell me otherwise Maddie."
I never really had thought about it like that, I always just assumed he was trying to help Rafe, or better yet, me with Rafe.

"I told you he came so you wouldn't worry, but yes I was at Barry's. Not for the reasons you think so don't even give me that look. I owed him some money from when I stopped and dad had to bail me out. That's why he's mad"
I stood stunned. I was expecting an answer from him but not this.

"So you did stop?" I muttered out.

"Yes Maddie I stopped when I told you I stopped." His long fingers reaching up to hold my chin. Tilting my chin up ever so slightly so he could press his lips to mine.

"I love you" he spoke

"I love you more"

"But seriously no more Topper. He's one chance away from trying to fuck you and I would have to kill him, literally" though the light heartedness didn't reach Rafe's eyes I sent a small chuckle back to his comment.

"I'm the only one that gets to fuck you. Remember that" he said. His long fingers now running down my neck, causing bumps to rise along my body.

"You're mine, and will always be mine" his lips meet mine once again as his warms fingers draw circles at my collarbone.

I nodded in response, unable to form words.

"You're such a good girl for me" he cooed before attaching out lips once again.

—————————————————
I'm not proud of this chapter but it'll work for now, I just wanted to get something out to you guys and I know it's been awhile!

Hope you enjoy anyway! More coming very soon!