T H I R T Y

Rafe and I have spent the entire morning laying in bed, the soft hum of netflix playing as we've drifted in and out of sleep.

"I think maybe we should finally get up" I softly mumble, glancing at my phone which reads '11:15am'

"You never agreed to our date, I was just gonna keep you held hostage here all day" he chuckles

"As much as I would like that Rafe.." I trail off with a laugh "I really need a shower before I do anything today."

"So that's not a no?" His words desperate for the right answer.

"Have I ever told you no? lover boy"  a hint of a smirk playing across my lips.

"If we are being honest here babe, plenty of times. But I'm taking this one as a yes and I can't wait to see you in the dress I bought" the blonde haired boy rushes out. "Shit" he mumbles, realizing rather quickly that he had let it slip that he had been spending money on me again.

"Rafeee" i drawl out "I told you to stop buying me things"

"I told you I'd give you the world one day"  he smirks, pulling me into his side rather tightly.

I shake my head in response before shuffling my way out from under his grasp and out of the warm bed below me. 

"You're seriously going home?" He whines, his face now wearing a blank stare. 

"Rafe, I told you I need to shower. Please just let it go" I hum. 

With that I placed a quick kiss to Rafe's lips before making my way out into the warm summer heat of the Outer Banks.  

It didn't take long for me to make it home, jumping in the shower and letting the warm water erase all the drama of the night before. I couldn't take much more. I just wanted to love Rafe, why did it have to be so hard. 

I quickly finish up my shower and make my way into my steam filled bathroom, allowing my towel to drown me in warmth before slipping into my bedroom. 

"Mads, good you're done" she rushed.

"OH MY GOD" I yell, clenching onto the thin layer of soft fabric around me.

"We have a problem" she continues, no concern over the heart attack she had given me just moments before, as I still stand here in nothing but the towel. 

"Yes Kie, what is it?" I tried to tone down the sound of annoyance laced within my words, but soon realized it was no use when I heard what came out of her mouth next. 

"Rafe is cheating on you" She sternly said, holding her ground. 

"Seriously Kie? We are doing this shit again? Why can't you guys just be happy for me? Like what did I do to deserve this" I rambled, pulling at the wet curls forming in my hair. "I'm not Mads!" she almost yelled back at me.

"We saw him with a brunette, shoulder length hair. He had his arm wrapped around her and everything." She explains, her tone changing as she sees the blank stare that had now found its way to my face. 

"When Kie? When?" I sigh, as if I was explaining something to a toddler for the 17th time. 

She reached her hands behind her and scooted further up the bed, pulling her knees into her before crossing her legs criss cross. 

"This morning, like literally as I was on my way over here" She mutters, the confidence less present this time. 

 I sigh once again, this time while pulling an oversized tank top out of my closet to pair with the shorts I already had in my hands. Without uttering another word I grabbed my favorite bathing suit and made my way back into my bathroom, pulling the door shut behind me. Within seconds Kie was up and on the other side of the door, he hand softly knocking.

"Mads" she practically whispered. 

But I couldn't bring myself to respond. Rafe and I were good, we couldn't spend everyday of this relationship arguing over if one or the other was cheating. This man was taking me on a date literally hours from now. There was no way he was out with another woman in broad daylight moments after I had left. 

"Mads" she said again, this time louder. 

I could tell she was leaning against the door by the way her voice echoed. This was going to make opening the door more fun for me. 

"Ma- OW!" she yelled, falling straight into the bathroom as I pulled the door open. 

I chuckle in response as she stares up at me. "Glad that could make you laugh, babe" she mumbles, a smile now pressed across her face, matching mine. 

"So, let me get this clear." I say, propping myself up on my bed, similar to how Kie was previously sitting. "You saw Rafe while you were on your way here, with another girl?"

"Well not exactly" she started. "JJ's cousin was on the phone with JJ and he said 'oh there's Mads and Rafe' and then JJ's like nah that ain't Mads because he turned the phone to them and then JJ called me and yelled 'RAFE IS CHEATING' and then I was here" She rambled on and on.

"Kie stop" I caught her mid ramble.

"Bu- But I just wanted you to know because like. You deserve a good guy and he-" she continued on until the ringing of the facetime tone pulled her out of her thoughts.

"Rafe" I coo

As his face appears on the screen. Kie is now silent. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Cliff Hanger! 

I have the next chapter so it won't be a long wait I promise!

Don't forget to comment and vote

-B