shit's ab to go down..🏃‍♀️

(the idea for this plot is by LuanaBughiu !)

ੈ✩‧₊˚

"Alright, everybody, I will be putting you all into partners for our upcoming project" Mrs. Tobio announced to the class. "You are each to choose a famous mathematician and make a powerpoint on him or her"

It was first period math, and Y/n was way to tired for Mrs. Tobio's cheery attitude right now.

She stiffled a groan. Chosen partners? It would kill her to be paired with Miya and Luna.

Meanwhile, miya sent her a look from beside her, and though Y/n noticed, she decided not to look back and instead pretended to study her nails.

Mrs. Tobio began reading the groups out loud. "Alright. So, groups. First, Akemi, Eiko and Ella."

Y/n watched the three girls look at each other uncomfortably. None of them were close or even friends. So maybe, Mrs.Tobio wouldn't pair her up with Miya.

"Daisuke, Chiyo and Eichi. Kazuko, Mai, and June. Y/n, Rai and Takashi."

Y/n sucked in a breath. She felt Miya's eyes on her again, scolding a hole through her heart. Takashi was Miya's ex-friend. The one he hated more than Mika. The story he only trusted her with. 

Takashi turned around from his seat in the front to look at her. He cocked his head, then turned back around as the teacher continued to talk. 

Next, Y/n looked to Rai. She knew the girl, though not by much. They had a few classes together and occasionally exchanged greetings, but that was all. Rai glanced back and smiled, and Y/n smiled back with a little wave.

"Fujita, Eri and Hajime. Goro, Hana, Maya and Jin. Itto, Anka, and Chiasa." The names were thinning, and still, Miya and Luna's name hand't been called. Y/n bit her lip. If they ended up together, she didn't know what she would do.

"Luna-" Mrs. Tobio continued.

There it was.

Luna looked to Miya hopefully.

"Yuki, Ena and Zinan" The two boys looked delighted to be patterned up with Luna, and Y/n was too. But luna just rolled her eyes and pouted at Miya. Miya patted her hand to reassure her, and Luna held on to his hand, playing with his fingers as she talked quietly.

Y/n's hand tightened around her water bottle. she wondered how much trouble she would get in if she threw all the water on Luna.

"And finally, Aki, Dai, Miya and Violet"

Luna's hand flew up. "Uhm, excuse me, Mrs?"

"Yes?" Mrs. Tobio replied. 

"Can I switch teams? I'm new here, and Miya is my best friend, and it would help a lot if I was in his team"

Y/n sighed. Typical Luna.

Mrs. Tobio looked unsure.

"Yes! I agree" A girl spoke up. It was Violet. Y/n remembered now. Violet was best friends with Ena. Of course they would want to switch. "Luna and Ena can switch with each other" Violet suggested.

Luna nodded, and so did Ena.

Mrs Tobio finally relented. "Fine"

Luna let out a small cheer and clapped her hands. A plan began to form in Y/n's head. Yes, it was petty and mean, but she couldn't help it. The rage needed a way to relieve itself. And quite frankly, Miya had started it. 

If they had to go back to enemies, so be it. She just hoped he knew that he started it.

"And now, you may start working" Said Mrs. Tobio.

Y/n left her seat and began to walk to Takashi. "Hey" She greeted, smiling as she sat down on the desk next to him. 

"Hi" Takashi said back. He smoothed back his disheveled brown hair, giving her a small smile. Rai came to join them, taking a seat as well.

"So. How are you guys?" Y/n began, attempting to make small conversation.

"Oh, I'm fantastic" Takashi replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes. His smile grew. "I just love math. Don't you?"

Y/n laughed. "Math is the best subject ever"

Miya glanced at her. She thought she saw his eyes darken. She held in a smile. Yes, making him jealous was a bad thing to do, but it was necessary. Time for him to get a taste of his own medicine. Besides, if Luna could act all flirty around him, what was wrong with Takashi making Y/n laugh?

"Hey- Y/n?"

Y/n looked up. Rai and Takashi were both staring at her. She flushed, embarassed. "Oh, sorry. Should we start?"

The two nodded. 

"Alriiight" Y/n stretched, grabbing her laptop with a small sigh. "Let's research"

ੈ✩‧₊˚

okay so, it turns out you guys were right he did have a name, so i went back & changed it

thanks for telling me!!

^^ for context, takashi??

^^ rai, takashi & miya