filler

this is quite literally a filler chapter because idk what to write & i wanted to give u guys more love interests instead of the miya redemption cause im mean

yall r gonna love this i just know it 

After Miya and Luna had left, the trio was left in an agitated mood. Y/n was thinking of ways to get rid of Luna, takashi was quiet at the thought of Miya and Rai was kind of just in the middle.

the three reluctantly got some snacks and began heading back to Rai's house, silent.

Y/n could see that Takashi was obviously uncomfortable after seeing Miya again - he had a kind of wistful expression on his face, laced with regret, maybe.

when they arrived, rai was the first to speak; "i'm not in the mood to study. can we watch a movie or something?"

Y/n nodded furiously. "Yes. I can't think right now."

"Me either" agreed Takashi as they plopped down on Rai's couch - all three of them managed to fit, with a good amount of space separating them. 

They quickly decided on a random netflix documentary since no one was in the mood for further discussion. 

Within the first minutes of the movie, Y/n was already beginning to feel cold. She didn't really know why, she was perfectly fine with the temperature outside just a while ago.

After getting a nod from Rai, Y/n reached for the fluffy blanket that was folded neatly on the coffee table, wrapping herself in the warmth.

To her right, Rai shivered. "Can we share? I'm freezing"

"Of course, it's your blanket" Y/n replied without hesitation, scooting closer to Rai and covering her friend with the blanket.

The two girls huddled closer together as the movie carried on, comforted by the heat of each other and the blanket.

y/n yawned. The darkness of the room and the droning voice of the narrator in the documentary were really getting to her.

she rubbed her eyes to stay awake, unconsciously resting her head on Rai's shoulder as if she were her pillow. Rai just let her be, wrapping an arm around the girl to keep her close.

Y/n felt Rai lean against her as well, the two of them fitting together like pieces of a puzzle. as if it were an automatic response, Y/n cuddled even closer to Rai, feeling reassured at her presence. she tried her best to not come of too strong, but to her delight, Rai seemed to also relax against her.

As much as she struggled against it, flashbacks of Miya crept up, flooding her mind in a second.

 Cuddling with him while binging shows, skating into the sunset with him, sharing soft kisses behind trees  with him whilst Reki and Langa laughed quietly amongst themselves.

the overwhelming feelings hit y/n's heart with a pang, and she tried her best to shove the memories out of her head and instead focus on the present;

Rai.

Being so close to her unlocked another type of feeling within Y/n. Love? Attraction? y/n wasn't sure. but she knew that feeling too well.

With Miya, with Takashi, and now with Rai?

She was a mess, honestly.

But she just couldn't bring herself to dislike it. With takashi and Miya, the feeling was bright and it hit her hard, the constant need for their affection and the excitement when she finally received what she wanted.

But with Rai, the sensation was different, more soft, more warm, more comforting. She felt like she could just be herself without feeling the need to impress anyone - which was really nice, to be honest.

No matter how hard to tried, she couldn't figure out which one she liked better. Or rather, which one would be the best for her at the moment.

"Rai, Y/n, you guys alright?"

Takashi's voice brought Y/n back to her senses.

 "Yeah, we're fine" Rai answered before she could, her voice low.

Y/n's eyes slid back to Rai, almost nervously, anxious at what her expression would be like. Rai stared right back, the two locking eyes for a good 10 seconds. 

Finally, Y/n looked away with a small laugh, suddenly feeling shy for no good reason. Rai smiled, her hand tucking a strand of y/n's hair behind her ear gently.

ohmyfuckinggodwhatishappeningamigaylolprobablyomgasjinamkiojsmasjun  thought y/n as she tried to stay calm underneath the blanket.

but she just let it happen - and in the moment, everything was perfect and fluffy and mellow and she loved it.

a/n: alexa, play 'girls' by girl in red😁

YAAASS RAI X Y/N ARC!!!

ok this was beyond fun to write and honestly after taking like a three week break from writing IT WAS JUST WHAT I NEEDED TO GET BACK INTO IT!!

i genuinely enjoyed writing this chap so much i was literally like in the best author trance ever - maybe its just because its wlw and im gay asf but still.

this chap was also created in a room full of homophobics which added to the experience😕😕