Chapter 416-420

Chapter 416: Bewitching Butterfly Court

“Father, what’s going on?”

Tao Jia looked confused. “Isn’t Duan Zhen Lu Sheng’s fiancé? Why did it become Lord Chu?”

He could not understand how Lu Sheng, who had lived in the village for a long time, was related to Chu Sihan.

“It’s a long story.”

Li Zheng said calmly, “As for Lord Chu and Lu Sheng, I only heard that this marriage was appointed by the State Minister. I’m not sure about the rest.”

“Appointed by the State Minister?”

Tao Jia was shocked.

Everyone in Xuan Yue Country knew about the State Minister, right?

In Xuan Yue Country, the State Minister’s status was almost the same as the Emperor. Sometimes, even the Emperor obeyed him.

Furthermore, he had once heard that not only did the State Minister know everything, but his spells were also very impressive.

A marriage appointed by such an amazing person was no different from an imperial edict.

If the marriage was appointed by the Emperor, Tao Jia would probably have some doubts. However, there was nothing to be surprised about the marriage appointed by the State Minister.

It was said that the State Minister could read fortunes. In that case, Lu Sheng and Chu Sihan must have been destined by fate.

“What’s wrong with that?”

Mdm Fang walked in with a dustpan and placed it in a corner. Then, she looked at her son and said, “Our Lu Sheng is not bad now. I heard from your Aunt Yu that she previously went to the capital to help them catch criminals. The Emperor even rewarded her with two gold ingots.”

“There was such a thing?”

Tao Jia was not the only one who was shocked. Even Li Zheng was shocked.

They were already shocked that Lu Sheng knew Chu Sihan.

How amazing was she to even receive the Emperor’s reward?

“Of course.”

Mdm Fang said proudly, “I didn’t believe it when I heard from Aunt Yu. I specially went to the Lu family to take a look. It was Lu Ran who told me personally. How can it be fake?”

Li Zheng frowned. “Why didn’t you tell me about this?”

This was not only a matter of bringing honor to their ancestors, but also the honor to the entire Liu Yue Village.

How could he be kept in the dark about such a big matter?

If he knew, he would definitely publicize it in the village and let those gossipy people hear about what Lu Sheng had done.

“I wanted to tell you, but Lu Sheng forbade me.”

Mdm Fang shrugged helplessly.

“Why?”

Li Zheng frowned.

“You know that girl’s personality. She’s used to keeping a low profile.”

When Li Zheng heard that, he also felt that Lu Sheng was too low-profile sometimes.

“Why didn’t Lu Ran tell me about this?”

Tao Jia said unhappily.

Although he was older than Lu Ran by a few years, he had the best relationship with Lu Ran among the younger generation in Liu Yue Village.