EVEY Chapter 8

( They found her. )

Dennis heard the voice and turned around quickly keeping Evey behind him to keep her safe.

"Who is it?" Evey asks feeling scared.

"I don't know little one" he told her scanning their surroundings for the owner of the voice.

Eventually he spotted a tall, brutish looking man with khaki uniform, pointing a rifle directly at him.

"Oh noes they found me!" she cries.

Dennis squeezed her shoulder comfortingly keeping his eyes glued to the man. "What do you want?" he asked the man gruffly.

"We don't want any trouble sir, just hand over the girl and we'll leave you alone" the man tried to reason with him but Dennis wasn't buying it.

"I'm not letting her go anywhere with you" Dennis replied with a growl.

"Sir that girl is dangerous and very unstable, she's not to be trusted" he told him.

"The only one I don't trust right now is you" Dennis growled again feeling Beast take over "Now I won't say this again..leave her alone" he snarled grabbing the man by the throat and lifting him up in the air. "Evey run" he barked at her.

She takes off running through the field and right to the house where she waits for him.

He takes care of the man before running back to the house to make sure Evey was safe.

Suddenly he felt something hit him and before he knew it he crashed to the ground as hundreds of volts of electricity were sent coursing through his body making him groan in pain.

One of the men went into the house and got ahold of Evey after throwing a net on her and carries her over his shoulder and takes her to this truck to be transported. "Dadda!" she cries.

He hears her shouting for him and manages to get back to his feet running towards the truck.

He grabs the back of it making the tires scream as they span around on the road not going anywhere as he held it in place. He roared smashing the window with his fist trying to open the door so he could get to Evey.

One of the men starts shooting at him from the window of the truck on the passenger side.
He growled as he got hit but managed to stay on moving towards the passenger seat to deal with the man. He snarled as he grabbed the gun and threw it out of the truck. He lunged at the window and was met face first with a shotgun barrel which was fired as soon as he was in sight.
The impact of the shell threw him off the truck and he hit the hard tarmac with a thud, rolling on the ground a few times before stopping and not moving at all.

All you can hear is Evey's cries as the truck speeds up down the road until it's out of sight.
Beast is just laying on the ground lifelessly as the truck got further away from him.
They take her to the hospital and restrain her in a straight jacket and take her to a room.

One of the men travelling behind the car caught up to where Beast was and stopped, a man got out and kicked him making sure he didn't wake up. "Not so tough now are ya" he smirked cockily shooting him another two times before reporting back to the hospital. "Yeah we found him, he's definitely dead, no life signs whatsoever" he said on the radio.

Evey heard all this on the other side and felt herself getting angry. She uses all her strength and rips through the jacket and lunges at the padded door hard, screaming loudly.

Suddenly a load of vents start hissing and the room is full of knock out gas in order to sedate her.
She lets out a cry "Dadda!" as she passes out.

--
A few weeks pass by before Dennis wakes up finding himself in a ditch somewhere. He groaned as he felt how heavy and weak his body was. His clothes were tattered, filthy and covered in bullet holes. Down on the ground in the middle of the road was Evey's doll that she must have been holding when she got caught, it's all dirty and wet. He crawled over to it and picked it up to look at it the memories of what happened starting to come back.

"They must have her somewhere" he croaked. Her smell did linger in the air just barely.

Dennis got up using a sturdy branch he found next to him and walked away from the ditch to get his bearings.

Back in the hospital Evey's laying on a exam table, strapped down and partly sedated to keep her calm "Dadda.." she whispers.

"Your dadda can't help you now" a man in a lab coat responded to her walking over to her with a needle.

"Please stop.." she tears up.

"Stay still little one this won't hurt a bit" he said with a smug smile as he injected it into her.

"Owie" she squirms.

"Stay still you'll only make this worse" he warned her squeezing her arm tightly until it was red before taking the needle out fast making her bleed.

She cries, feeling helpless now because the drug they gave her. Now she had been sedated they were able to do more experiments without her trying to bite them.

After while she finally wakes up back in her padded cell and they finally give her a tray of food and drink, she's ravenous as she tears into her roasted chicken breast, it's a bit dry but after what she had been through it was the most delicious thing she had eaten in so long.

A soldier came in to take the plate away once she was done and She jumps and bites at his arm and rips at his flesh, blood spatters everywhere. He yells in pain calling for back up as he threw her against the wall. She yelps in pain when she hits it and falls over on the floor, breathing hard with blood covering her mouth "Dadda please find me.." she whispers to herself.

Dennis was sat in the car asleep after walking a mile or so to find it, he woke up and stared at Evey's doll on the dashboard. "We have to find her" he whispered.

The Beast joins him in the light and sniffs the air, growling "South" he points.

"Hang on little one we're coming" Dennis said as he drove south.