EVEY: Chapter 7

( Dennis takes Evey out so she can find food, but she has a slight misunderstanding with the Beast or is it something else?) (Other fun notes: when Evey becomes Beastly I visual her moving around like that youngest girl in the movie 'Mama' if you remember how she was. :D )

Dennis woke that morning with a jump in his step, he flicked on the kettle. While waiting for the water to boil he checked in on Evey.

She's sleeping in her little tent she had made with her stuffed animals, she has dried blood on her mouth and hands from the hunt.

He smiled at the endearing sight of her.

She wakes up with a startle "Dadda!"

"Hey baby." He said.

"I had bad dream about those bad people" she cries. Dennis frowns, sitting beside her and smoothing a hand over her back. "I'm sorry you had a bad dream. But I won't let them get to you."

She hugs him tightly, kissing his cheek "I scared I'll lose you"

He sighs, holding her close. Knowing how fragile she is in his arms. "You won't."

"I love you"

"I love you too Evey." He whispers.

"I want to stay, stay forever" she says looking into his eyes.

"I want you to stay here too." He mumbled, "We just gotta play it safe, and keep you away from the open."

"Can you teach me stuffs?" she asks sweetly.

He nods, "Of course!" He stands up from the bed. "What do you want to learn about today?"

"Um..painting" she says excitedly.

He grins widely, "Okay then." He pulls out a piece of paper and a set of old car paints from the garage. He sets it on the kitchen table, scooping out a few brushes.

She suddenly puts her hand in the paint and hand prints the paper "Yay! looky wha I did!"

He chuckled, "Looks amazing, Evey."

"Are we gonna hunt today?" she asks while pressing her fingers against the paper.

He nods, "Sure if you like."

"I still need my coat?"

He smiles softly, "let's get you dressed then." He got her coat and boots and helped her dress into it, before pulling his own coat and boots on.

When they get outside, she's holding his hand, picking up little rocks as they walk and throwing them "Where all the impureys?"

Dennis stares out into the distance, "I don't know Evey. We might have to keep looking, but keep sniffing and keep your sensors sharp."

"I don't want to sniff, I smell bad smell" she laughs.

He chuckled, continuing to pull her along. "Come on, maybe we'll find some people beside the campsite."

"Okay.." she says simply and splashes her boots in the creek water.

Dennis smiles at her, just as he catches the sound of murmuring voices. He quickly grabs her and stills her movements. "Do you hear that?"

"Mhm" she perks up, looking in the direction he is.

Dennis listens out, hearing the faint sound of conversations. "I think we've found our prey."

Evey gets a excited look on her face, trying not to make to much noise.