Done Deal

John wasn't sure if he felt fear or power being over Face Mask. He stared at him and he stared back.

"I will turn on every light in this house and put a torch up to your face until I can put you out in the sun. Now where is Deacon?"

"So, she told you?" Face Mask stared at John. It was like he was being sucked into him. John wasn't sure what he was doing or how he was doing it, but the chills he got looking at him made him want to back away, but he knew he couldn't.

"I know all about you now. Your friend told us. I see why you want her. So things like this wouldn't happen." John looked to Laura who looked back to him and to Face Mask laying on the ground.

"Where is Deacon?" Laura suddenly came closer. She walked around the body to his head and held the light to him. "You're taking too long to tell us. Now talk." Laura started to kick at his head.

"Laura, get back!"

"He's paralyzed, remember? He can't do anything right now; accept tell us where he is." Laura was serious. She was mad. Any fear she had suddenly turned to anger. She wanted Deacon back. Even if that meant standing up to a demon.

"You must have a death wish woman." Face Mask looked to her. He still didn't move, but it seemed as if the blow to the head actually effected him.

"Laura, get back now!" John wanted her out of there. Laura looked to him. Her breathing was heavy.

"I have the light, so I can't go anywhere."

"Give it to me then, and get out of here." John reached his hand out.

Laura carefully handed the light over Face Mask's body. She made sure to keep it pointing down.

"Here, let me help." Face Mask shot his arm up and grabbed Laura's hand. He applied ample pressure to his grip making her react to the pain.

"Let her go!"

"I'm just helping her out. Maybe return the favor of that kick." He squeezed her hand tighter crushing the flashlight along with it. She scream out as she felt the bones in her hand break. The light went dead and Face Mask stood up.

"Now that you've foolishly wasted your time. I'll be taking what's mine."

"You were supposed to be weakened. That's what they said."

"They didn't know it's only for a short time while my eyes adjust. And I could have easily been taken out if you knew. But now that your time is up, I'll be finishing this deal. You need to come with me now." He turned to John.

"What about my son?"

"I'll return him once I've completed the other half of his deal."

"No, you can't. Please, just take my other eye and leave his."

"I'm going to take a lot more than just your eye. But that's apart of your contract."

"What about me? Can't I give you something to avoid you taking either of them?" Laura stood up to him. Her left hand holding her right. She could barely feel it. But she knew she was the only one who hasn't made a deal with him yet.

"I think you ought to be quiet before I kill you just because I feel like it." Face Mask was not in favor of Laura in that moment.

"Please, I'm sorry alright? I'll give you whatever you want if you leave my husband and son alone." Laura immediately put her hand over her mouth.

"She didn't mean it! She takes it back!" John stood in front to of her.

"Your offer intrigues me. You want me to leave them be with the condition of doing whatever I want."

"No, you can't. Not Laura. She didn't mean it."

"Between the two of you, I think I'd rather have the audacious woman."

"Laura, why? Why did you have to talk when I told you to leave?!"

"I'm sorry it just slipped. But I— I can't take it back. Is this really a contract I just made?"

"Yes, it is. And now, you all are done with deal making. This is it. I will let you and the boy free. And she comes with me."

"I will not let you take her." John went to grab his gun and held it up to Face Mask.

"Maybe if you used that before, it would've work. But now, you need to say your goodbye."

"No! This is not goodbye! Laura, you get out of here right now!"

John urged Laura to go. It was dark in the house and she could barely even see him with the little light from the moon and streetlights. She tried to step backwards remembering the layout of her living room. She grabbed hold of her broken hand and turned to run out.

Laura bumped into the couch before she made it to the kitchen. She got out through the back door and stopped not sure where to go. She looked around trying to figure out what to do. Then Face Mask appeared right behind her.

"If you're looking for your officer help, they were easier to get rid of than that player from the other day. Now if you continue to run, I won't return the boy."

"Please, I'll cooperate. Just let him and John go." Laura stopped moving and surrendered herself. Face Mask grabbed hold of her.

"Laura!" John came running out of the house.

"I need you to stay back. I'm done with interruptions." Face Mask quickly went into his pocket and grabbed what looked like a needle and pushed it into her neck.

"One more step from you and I release your last chance to see her alive again."

"What do you mean?" John froze in his place.

"I can do whatever I want with her. That doesn't mean I'll kill her. Right away at least. Maybe you'll see her again, or maybe not. Maybe we'll cross paths on a game. But until then, watch yourself."

Face Mask remove the needle from her neck and they stood there watching John. A dark circle appeared below the two of them.

"Please, not yet." John felt helpless only able to watch. One second they were there. And the next, they were gone.

John got up and ran over to where they were standing. Nothing was there. He checked the whole outside like the first time for Deacon. He dropped to his knees about to lose it.

"Dad!" Deacon's cry came from the house. John quickly got up and went in. Deacon was there looking around from the kitchen.

"Deacon, I'm here." He went in and hugged him tight. Deacon hugged back and shared the moment.

"Where's mom?" He pulled back searching for her.

"She's uh... she's gone Deac. She gave herself up to save us."

"Are you for real? He took her? Did he... kill her?"

"No, He did not. He said he wasn't going to kill her. But he did take her away."

"So then... we can save her?"

"I want to Deac, but I'm not sure how exactly."

"We can't just let him take her. We have to find away to get mom back!"

"I know Deacon. We will. So long as we're able to find him, we can find her. I just don't think this will be easy."

"It's all my fault dad. I'm sorry. I won't ever play that game again." The tears fell out of his eyes.

"As much as I want to agree to that... I think we still have to play in order to find her."

———————————-
Thanks for reading guys! I got this done the day of Halloween 🎃 it was my goal to get it done for the spirit of the spooky season.

It's my first real Mystery thriller I've written, so it was interesting even for me to write. But I thank everyone who has read this and voted and commented and shared even. Please continue to check out my other stories and stories that I plan to write. Thank you again and safe readings!! ❤️