Lesson Sixty: Epilogue

Jin glanced at his fifteen-year-old, hoping she knew what to do. "You have done this with dad before, correct?"

Serri nods, "yes, you have to use the pancake molds, then they will give you the same you want."

Looking around the kitchen, Jin then returned his gaze to Serri, "can you help Appa locate the molds he uses?"

"Dad told me I was supposed to make breakfast today. Are you sure you don't want me to do it?"

Jin smiled at Serri shaking his head, "no, you can help me; I can't have you making breakfast for all of us. All I need are the molds, as well as who gets what. Duri has been getting Mickey Mouse pancakes, but I sometimes see another character I haven't seen before. I think Beau gets Princess Jasmine, and those three, I need your help."

Serri laughed. Watching her Appa try to figure out what her dad usually makes for them on Saturday morning was funny. She now understood why he told her it would be her responsibility to prepare breakfast this Saturday while he was away.

"Don't laugh at me. Your father knew better than to leave me here on a Saturday with all of you. I don't get why he chose an afternoon flight. Anyway, help me figure this out before they come down here. I am surprised Duri isn't awake yet."

"I know what everyone wants, and I can do it well, I promise. Let me do it, Appa; I do it every time with dad. I am also looking forward to making breakfast today. You can go back to bed. On a Saturday, you usually don't wake up this early."

A look of astonishment crossed Jin's face. Listening to her, he felt proud but also a little bad. He sighed, deciding that Taehyung was the one who spoiled the kids into thinking they lived in a diner, and he wasn't the one who got them up early on a Saturday morning to cook breakfast.

"Okay, you got it. If you agree to do this, you have to make sure your siblings are awake once you are finished and all that. Before I send Duri down here, I'll make sure he takes a shower."

Serri smiled and nodded, "I got this, Appa. Go back to bed; I will call you when breakfast is ready."

Jin debated for a bit, still feeling doubtful, but seeing the excitement in Serri's eyes, he decided to let her have a go at it, considering she would probably do it a lot better than he would. "Alright, thank you, and I love you."

"I love you more, Appa," Serri says, giving her Appa a hug and pulling away to begin preparing breakfast.

******

"Our daughter is making breakfast, can you believe it?" He spoke on the phone to his husband as he tried to wake up their four-year-old son from his sleep gently.

"She always makes it with me. This weekend, I told her it was her responsibility to do it. Considering that she knows what everyone likes and how they like it, she will do a good job."

"I can't believe she will be sixteen in a few months. Our daughter will go to college soon, Taehyung, and I am not ready for that. My baby is growing up too fast. How do we stop this?"

Taehyung chuckled on the other end of the line hearing his husband, "it's inevitable, baby, she has to grow up. I am sure she won't leave home anytime soon though, Serri loves being around us, and besides, she has the second floor to herself-"

"That you gave to her, which I still think is too much for a fifteen-year-old. I mean, seriously, Taehyung, you even brought your piano into our bedroom, when-"

"Where is Duri sleeping right now, Seokjin?"

Jin swallowed at Taehyung's sudden question, and he glanced down at his and Taehyung's bed, where Duri was sleeping under his blanket.