Epilogue - Condolences

I'm sorry to say that this story does not have a clear ending. Most of the files were destroyed in a fire at Tidmouth sometime in 1950. While I only have little information, here is what I do know.

Bridget and Lily went to the Isle of Wight Railway for a time, I believe one of them is still around today. They gained and lost different numbers throughout their service life, so I'm not exactly sure which is still in service.

As you all know from the stories, the little railway that was run by Duke, Stuart, and Falcon, faced hard times during and after the war. By the end of the 1940's, their line was closed down, and the two younger engines were sold to an aluminum company stationed up at Peel Godred.

The North Western Railway returned to normal by the 1950's, gaining notoriety after the books were published. A tram engine named Tobias was also bought by the NWR in 1951.

In the 1950's, Rheneas was sent away for a much needed overhaul, leaving Skarloey (and eventually the two MSR engines) to run the line.

I'm sure you all know the rest. I wish I could have told you the remainder of the story, but like all things in life, there never truly is an end to every story