000. 𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗈𝗍

▍𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗌𝖾𝗇𝗍𝐈 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 ! e

𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗌𝖾𝗇𝗍
𝐈 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 ! e. y
000.    爱   ᠈  𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗈𝗍 . ❫

                    "DON'T BE LOUD, OKAY," Armin whispered to Eren, to which he to rolled his eyes but nodded nonetheless

Armin opened the large double doors so they could both enter the public library.

Instantly, Eren's ears were filled with indistinctive whispers between friends. Constant taps of keyboards. Scratches against paper.

Outside, they felt bright daylight, but it failed to reach them inside.

Eren lazily scanned the darkly lit room, observing the large library shelves, packed with  a variety of books, as well as the dangling lights that hung from the ceiling.

The antique smell of pages from old books. The quiet and peaceful sound of pages turning. The rustling sound of artificial plants every time the air conditioner hit it. Eren couldn't tell if he liked it or not but it was undebatably calming either way.

He followed Armin to the collection of computers, open to all visitors, and slid into the wooden chair beside him.

"Okay, I found a few websites to help with research, so we can check those out first," Armin suggested.

"Yeah, sure," Eren nodded before clicking away on the computer.

In their quiet work, the friends occasionally pulled books from shelves that could aid them in their research, outside of the university.

They worked hard through their boredom to get started on the big project that was due in only three days.

Soon enough, the boys' stomachs growled for some sort of nutrient having spent almost three hours working in the quiet environment.

"Okay, let's just check this shit out," Eren groaned, silently scooting his chair back against the carpet floor. He felt like his brain was about to explode from all the research he was stuffing in.

Armin hummed tiredly and led him to the librarian's desk where he silently plonked his share of books on the desk and greeted them.

"Find everything alright, Armin?" a feminine voice spoke. Her honeyed voice snapped Eren out of his thoughts.

The sight in front of him stole his ability to take another breath. Her smoldering, [e/c] eyes blinked softly at Armin as he responded to her. The structure of her appearance mirrored a goddess's, from her defined jawline to the smooth curve of her upper body. The way her glossy lips smiled kindly at his friend hypnotized him.

Eren unconsciously licked his lips, but his breath hitched at the realization he would be face to face with her in mere seconds.

The nervous sensation was unfamiliar, but he quickly got himself together, realizing that it'd be easy to talk to her, considering how sweet she was being with Armin.

Armin stepped aside, books in hand after getting them checked, so Eren stepped up and dropped his own books lightly onto the counter. "I'm checking these out," he spoke.

"Okay," the girl said under her breath and grabbed the three books.

Eren watched the way her puff of tight curls bounced whenever she moved her head.

"Mind if I check you out, too, beautiful?" he spoke smoothly, however, pondering inside how corny that might've sounded.

She stayed stone-faced as she scanned his last book, not bothering to look up at him. "Library card, please."

Her voice was dry and cold.

Damn, was it that bad?

He shrugged it off and handed her his library card, their fingers brushing against each other.

"If I can't check you out, can I take you out to eat? You can tell me about some good books," Eren suggested. "That cool with you?"

He tried to catch her eyes, following them everywhere they traveled, but she stayed focused on checking out his books.

She playing hard to get or something?

Eren, amused by her sudden coldness, opened his mouth to say something else but was immediately cut off by her monotonous voice, "No, that's not cool with me. You should go with Armin."

"I could, but I'd rather get to know you," his body leaned in and he took a hand from his pocket, placing it on the counter's edge.

Once again, she didn't spare him a single glace. However, her face was slightly scrunched up, showing clear distaste as she finished scanning the card.

"Okay... damn," he voiced under his breath and put his hands back in his pocket before speaking up again. "Look..." he read her lanyard, "Y/n. My na-"

"I know your name. Guess you forgot mine," she said in a clear voice that made the sound of Eren's thumping heart pulsate loudly through his body. "Not that you needed to remember it."

She handed him his card then dropped his books on the counter in a loud thud, keeping eye contact with the male while a few people averted their gaze to the sudden sound.

"You can take your books and leave, now, Eren."