002. 𝖽𝖺𝗆𝗇

▍𝖿𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗁𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄𝐈 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 ! e

𝖿𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗁𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄
𝐈 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 ! e. y
002.    爱   ᠈  𝖽𝖺𝗆𝗇 . ❫

3 years ago                    YOU STARED WITH WIDE EYES AT YOUR NOW extremely short hair

3 years ago
                    YOU STARED WITH WIDE EYES AT YOUR NOW extremely short hair. Your breath hitched as you massaged your new moisturizer into the short strands. Part of you regretted doing the big chop, but you knew it had to be done. There was no coming back from the damage in your permed hair, so all you could do was start fresh.

With this big chop, you'd also start a new chapter of yourself. You'd embrace your [hair type] curls from the scalp down, as well as the richness in your skin and every other feature of your body.

Your older brother sauntered behind you, causing you to stiffen up at his sudden entrance.

"Uhh," you nervously began, "Do you like it?"

You watched with wide and steady eyes, waiting for a change in his annoyingly cool expression. Slowly, but finally, a small smile crept on his lips. "The shit's raw," he slapped the back of your shoulder with a chuckle.

Despite the sting to your back, your eyes lit up with joy. It was raw. It was you. You didn't have to have long silky hair like all the white girls at your school. You didn't have to fit their beauty standard. You just had to be you.

"Hurry up. You can't be late," he told you as he ambled out of your room.

Your smile slightly fell and you threw on your uniform and shoes before stepping out of the house and into the cold air. As you walked to the train station, you thought about how you were more comfortable in this impoverished environment rather than the large, squeaky clean, private school you were on your way to.

And once you arrived there, the sad attempts at whispers, suppressed laughters, and petty gossip only confirmed your feelings. You ignored it though and made a beeline straight to your club room. 

The school was pretty quiet now since school hadn't started yet, however, the debate team was just as wide awake and at work this morning as all the other clubs. You knew immediately how full of energy they were as you opened the familiar class door with a smile and were met with the member's hyper voices.