003. 𝗇𝗈𝖻𝗈𝖽𝗒 𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖾𝗓

▍𝖿𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗁𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄𝐈 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 ! e

𝖿𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗁𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄
𝐈 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 ! e. y
003.    爱   ᠈  𝗇𝗈𝖻𝗈𝖽𝗒 𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖾𝗓 . ❫

2 years ago                    "OK, BUT WHAT IF I GET JUMPED?" you asked your your brother, Quinn

2 years ago
                    "OK, BUT WHAT IF I GET JUMPED?" you asked your your brother, Quinn.

You both sat at the round table as air blew from the stand fan. As high as the level was, sweat wouldn't stop dripping from your forehead.

Quinn took the fat blunt out of his mouth and reached into his pockets, pulling something out. He then held his tightened fist over the table, "You gon use these."

"My fists? I mean, I know tha-"

He unclenched his fist and multiple rings fell out of his hand, dropping on the table with consecutive clinks.

"These used to be mama's. You gon wear them everyday from now on. Fuck that damn scholarship, if someone press you again, sock em right here," he put his fist to his jaw.

You nodded and began picking them off the table, sliding them on each of your fingers.

It was your last year of high school. Last year of childish white kids. Last year of racist teachers. Last year of prison.

Everything was getting really old really fast and your patience was wearing thin. It was all you could do not to choke out every person in that hellhole.

But, at least people weren't doing shit behind your back anymore.

Take the week before as an example: a girl had tripped you on your way to class, all for shits and giggles. Naturally, every bone in your body wanted to swing, but you simply dusted yourself off and walked away for the sake of keeping your scholarship.

You knew you had the strength to shut them up, but you had to keep your future in mind. Of course, it made you look like a punk.

"Yo, Quinn, relax," your dad came up beside you from almost no where and snatched the last ring off the table.