9

"Hyung?"

Soonyoung blinks twice for the third time that day, to stop his obvious space out. And when he comes back to his senses, he notices a very concerned looking Seungkwan sitting in front of him, patiently waiting for him to speak.

He clears his throat and answers. "Yes?" Soonyoung grabbed the glass, took a few gulps of water as if trying to look normal, "sorry, what were you saying?" 

Seungkwan let out a tired sigh and shook his head.

"Nothing," he pauses for a second, contemplating whether he should ask what's bothering the dancer's mind for a few weeks now or leave them as it is and not push his hyung to talk about it.

All the thoughts in Seungkwan's mind disappeared when the food they ordered arrived. The duo's nose got a whiff of the delicious food from the waiter who was neatly placing it on their table in front of them. 

Their stomachs rumbled, expressing how much they were hungry at the moment, they began to dig in, satisfied hums and sighs left their mouth while savouring the food in comfortable silence, enjoying the taste of the meal.

Soonyoung took the last piece of the meat into his mouth, as he set the chopsticks down, chewing the meat unhurriedly while rubbing his now full stomach softly and patting it with content. 

When Soonyoung finally shifts his eyes towards Seungkwan, he sees the boy is still munching and relishing the meal, not much aware of his stare causing him to smile.

And before he knows, Soonyoung completely forgets all of his surroundings and gives all of his attention to Seungkwan unknowingly, his oblivious brain praises himself for eating faster so that now he can admire in peace. 

Although his mind is still in a mess and Soonyoung is clearly not in the mood to think of it or even clear them up. 

Soonyoung didn't even realise that he sighed softly as his chin rested on his palm with an unknown fond smile gracing his lips while staring at Seungkwan.

Not a minute later, Seungkwan caught Soonyoung's gaze on him. He only looked back, tilting his head in confusion, jutting his chin towards Soonyoung in a way asking what's with that stare?

"Nothing," Soonyoung says, shaking his head lightly, the fond smile not leaving him yet.

Seungkwan frowns a bit at his hyung then he shrugs it off lightheartedly and resumes to eat, while Soonyoung continues to stare.

_

"Go and wait for me outside while I pay the bill," Soonyoung says, passing his bag to the younger male who gladly collects both of their bags and walks out of the restaurant, doing as he's told.

Seungkwan waits patiently for his hyung while watching the people strolling in the street with the growing chatter in the city night lights. 

"Shall we go?" Soonyoung asks as soon as he steps out, Seungkwan looks up with a beautiful glint of eyes punching the air out of Soonyoung's lungs. The younger vocalist nods with a soft smile, batting the long lashes, as the lights in the city beautifully graze across Seungkwan's soft cheeks. 

Wow. That is all Soonyoung could say in his mind. If he said it out loud, it could cause a problem. He doesn't have an idea why his heartbeat beats weirdly fast, and Soonyoung nearly could feel the world slowing down around him.

But what the fuck was Seungkwan always this stunning or did he fail to notice them? He concludes it's the latter. 

Soonyoung blinks. "Ok, yeah. Let's go." He steps forward to take the lead as Seungkwan complies, walking by his side spreading a strange warmth. 

The walk was nothing but comfortable watching the street lights, the people passing by them and the busy vehicles. Yet, Soonyoung could feel the awkwardness in him to make a conversation with Seungkwan.

It's not that hard, is it? 

Soonyoung grumbles, it is hard for him.

He quietly steals a glance at Seungkwan in the corner of his eyes before puffing his chest out to gather his courage with a huff.

"Umm, how was the meal?" Soonyoung asks, startling Seungkwan a bit.

Seungkwan recovers with a chuckle. "It was delicious and super spicy, hyung." Soonyoung nods, not knowing how to communicate after that, feeling like a newborn baby.

Honestly, he doesn't have to worry about that because Seungkwan talks effortlessly, with a joke ready to roll out of his lips. "If Jun hyung was here with us, he would say 'oh, it was not that spicy.'" Soonyoung chuckles at the perfect imitation that Seungkwan is showing him.

Seungkwan continues, "and you should see hyung's ears though, it says the exact opposite." Both of them share a chuckle at the image of the old dancer trying to deny it's not spicy. "Why does he have to suffer like that?" He says with a frustrated pout making Soonyoung chuckle.

"I don't know, maybe Jun wants to show off that he is a fire dragon who can eat any spicy foods," He says jokingly to loosen up the worries.

Then, Soonyoung ruffles Seungkwan's hair softly, "don't worry about him. He's a grown-up man, he can take care of himself." 

Seungkwan sighs, the pout still not leaving his lips. "Hah, ok." 

Soonyoung grins. He feels himself relaxing around Seungkwan for the first time after that dream. He hopes everything falls into the right places soon.