Chapter Seven

I apologize for not updating in a few months. I went back and changed a few details in the past chapter. You might want to go back and look at it but basically what I did was have Wes lie about his identity. He put on his disguise when he went out and said his name was Nate when he met up with Miranda. I hope that makes sense! If not just go back and read it or ask me :) Enjoy!

11:22 A.M. Breakfast table (Miranda)

            I was not in the mood to go school this morning. Then again, what teenager ever was? Balancing some fruit loops on my spoon, I flipped through the channels on T.V. News. News. Weather Channel. “Bleh,” I thought and held down the button until it landed on MTV.

            Shocked by the image I saw on the TV, I dropped by silver spoon and let it sink in the huge pile of milk and cereal. “What in the-“

            “Hey, all you MTV viewers! You know what’s absolutely crazy this Monday morning? The scene outside of this hotel! There appears to be a large mob of screaming girls.” The screen switched from the reporter in the studio to the actual crowd of teenagers outside the hotel. There were at least a hundred, flailing their arms wildly and holding up neon signs with black letters that were hard to make out. “It appears to be that they’re screaming for the pop/punk band Brighter Lights who is stranded inside their hotel!” The reporter was a little overdramatic. I knew they were supposed to be that way, but let’s just say she might as well have been one of those insane teenage girls. “Isn’t that just insane? Now let’s get back to-“

            I shut off the TV and picked my spoon out of my bowl. This was just absolutely ridiculous; to think I had met those guys the other night and here they were, trapped inside with no way out. I shook my head and tried to forget about the situation when my phone started to buzz.

            “Hello?” I answered.

            “Good thing you actually picked up this time! Did you see it on TV?” It was Jaz. Of course she would be calling me about this.

            I cradled my phone between my head and my shoulder so I could finish my cereal. “There is no way that is possibly happening right now,” I swallowed some cereal.

            “Well, believe it! Do you know what this means?” she sounded all excited.

            “Um, no…” I trailed off.

            “We have to save them!” she blurted out.

            I almost dropped my spoon again. “Say what?!” If this was another one of Jaz’s genius ideas, I’d better get myself out of it as soon as possible.

            “Come on, they’re our friends. We could do it,” she tried to convince me.

            “Friends? Jaz, all we did was take pictures of them at one concert. I doubt they even remember us.”

            “I’m sure they do! How could one forget faces as beautiful as ours?”

            This made me laugh, and I said, “True, but I doubt we could do it.”

            “There’s always a back door,” she reminded me.

            “Yes, there is. And I’m sure they would’ve thought of that already if it is that obvious. Besides, did you see the live camera on TV? They’re surrounded on both sides of the hotel, not just one.”