Chapter Three

4:05 P.M. Miranda’s House           

“Hey, are you ready to go yet?” Jaz called from the bottom of the staircase. We were getting ready to leave for the concert tonight.

            “Yeah, I’m coming!” I shouted back as I packed my camera into my case. After taking a quick glance into the mirror, I readjusted my top and tucked back a flyaway strand of hair.

            Once I was downstairs, Jaz said, “I am so excited for tonight. Have you seen the lead singer? He is so cute!!”

            I rolled my eyes and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge in the kitchen. “We’re just there to take pictures, chill.” Jaz had always been more outgoing than me, while I was most comfortable in my shell. She was a fun person, and as for me, I just hoped I wasn’t that boring.

            “I know, but still…” she went on, “Does it ever dawn on you that we are probably the closest people to the band at the show?”

            I shrugged, even though I had to admit it was pretty cool. The loved being in the band’s presence sure, but I didn’t like to mentally think I was dating the band members. I know, it doesn’t seem typical for a teenage girl, but-it’s whatever. Jaz, on the other hand, well, she’s got different ideas about that.

            “Whatever, let’s get going so we don’t get trampled by all the people in line,” she made a beeline for the door. I followed her and locked it behind me.

            “You know, guys aren’t everything,” I told her. “You can’t go obsessing over them, it’s never worth it.”

            She didn’t say anything, just turned on the radio and acted as if nothing had happened.

            I sighed and opened my window a little bit. The sky was the prettiest blue today, and the sun was shining like a burning star despite the fifty degree weather. Sure, Washington state had plenty of natural beauty, but sometimes I just wanted to get away from it. I wanted to go somewhere I’d never been to before.

            We reached the venue within twenty minutes at four-thirty and the Brighter Lights van was already parked behind the building. The back was open and a few guys were unloading some of the equipment from there and also the trailer. There was a tiny parking space on the other side, and I wasn’t sure if we were going to fit. Thankfully, my Jetta gave way and we managed to squeeze in.

            “Yay, let’s go!” Jaz jumped out of my car gleefully and I followed behind her. We passed the van again and this time there were even more guys. I glanced over my shoulder quickly, only to make eye contact with one of them. He had light brown hair that casually swept over his tanned face and the prettiest pair of blue-green eyes I’d ever seen. I could feel my cheeks getting hot and turned away real fast. I felt like an idiot, I should’ve said something, or at least smiled. But, no. I was that somewhat strange, awkward girl that didn’t know what to do.

            “Looks like someone has a little crush,” Jaz nudged me on the shoulder. I was hoping she wouldn’t notice.

            “I don’t,” I chuckled. “He was just cute,” I admitted.

            “Uh-huh,” she winked at me.

            “What? Don’t embarrass me or I swear, I’ll-“

            She cut me off, “Don’t worry. I won’t this time. But if you two happen to cross paths again-which I’m sure you will, considering you’ll be only a few inches away from him,” she fake-coughed, “and no action happens, then I will have to step in.”

Behind the Camera Lens [On Hold]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara