04.

Atlas Miller

My life has always revolved around being on ice.

The sound of the metal blade gliding through the invisibly transparent glacier; the sound of the vulcanised, rubber puck pummelling against the end of the hockey stick.

Blaring, ear-piercing whistles of the finishing buzzers; the chants and applauds of the congested crowd.

I collide my hockey stick with the puck one last time, scoring another goal.

Breathing heavily, I take off my skullcap, wiping the sweat from my forehead that had built up during practice.

I glide over to the exit of the rink and sit down at the bleachers and begin to untie my laces, taking off my skates and then putting on my shoes.

"You did well today Miller." Coach McLean gives my back a quick pat before making his way out.

I stay sitting down for a few minutes, before deciding to get up and make my way to the changing rooms.

I sit down on the bench and begin to remove my shoulder pads and jersey. I shiver as the cold air touches my bare body.

I grab a shirt and hoodie, putting on. Taking my hockey equipment, I place them in my bag and drape it over my left shoulder.

I hear footsteps enter the changing rooms.

"Atlas." I hear a voice say from behind me. I turn to face the door where Grey and Brady stood.

I sigh walking towards the door and pushing past the both of them.

"Atlas, wait up!" I hear Grey shout, the footsteps got louder and louder as they got closer to me. I turn around to face the two.

"If you're going to lecture me about last night, then you might as well leave me be," I spat.

They let out what seems to be exhausted sighs and continue to follow me as I make my way to the car park.

I take out my car keys to unlock my car, opening the door to get in and then closing it again after I got in the driver's seat.

Brady walks over and knocks on the window. I throw my head back, gripping the bridge of my nose. I sigh, rolling the window down and turning to face him.

"At least apologise for crashing into her car and leaving a massive ass dent in it."

Brady looks at me seriousness plastered onto his face. I see Grey making his way towards us.

"I'm not apologising, she should've been more careful if she didn't want a massive ass dent in her car, her fault not mine."

"Yeah well you should've looked at where you were going, she could have been severely injured, just say sorry Atlas," Grey says interrupting our conversation.

"Well she didn't get severely injured, plus, I'm not apologising. how about you tell her I want a rematch instead," I remark jokingly.

Grey shakes his head, "seriously Atlas you-"

I chuckle, shaking my head lightly, before they get the chance to respond, I roll up my car window, starting my car and give them both a small wave before driving off.

- - -

Where the fuck are my keys?

I sigh and knock on the door.