15.

Autumn Kingsley

After the incident, we were sent home to get changed into something other than our coke-soaked clothes. We were both currently sitting side by side in Mr Morton's office.

None of us have spoken a word; instead, we all just sat there in silence. I keep my eyes glued to the floor, avoiding Mr Morton's stare.

"We're sorry," Atlas apologises, breaking the awkward silence.

I look up at Mr Morton and then turn my head to Atlas, who was sitting in the chair next to me. He ignores me and bows his head down, biting the side of his lip nervously.

"Do you both have any idea of how childish that was? Spilling coke all over each other and proceeding to scream and argue in the middle of the hallway."

Me and Atlas both keep our heads down.

"You are both to stay after school and clean up the mess you've made. Bear in mind that you've got detention straight after that."

Me and Atlas nod in response.

"Since you are in most of each other's classes, I'll be informing your teachers to keep you two next to each other until you learn how to respect and-"

"What?" Me and Atlas are now looking at Mr Morton, disbelief plastered on both of our faces.

"You can't do that!"

Atlas kicks my foot, indicating me to keep my mouth shut. I turn my head to look at him, furrowing my eyebrows. He gives me a 'you're going to make things worse' look, before turning back to face Mr Morton.

"Unless you both want to be suspended for a week, I suggest you stop complaining and obey me instead."

This is so fucking stupid.

"This is so stupid," I mumble.

"Would you like to repeat what you just said, Miss Kingsley?"

I shake my head.

"I will also be informing your parents about the situation, you're parents do work together, am I right?" Mr Morton keeps his gaze on us, his elbows resting on the desk and hands interlocked with each other.

"They're currently on a business trip in Newfoundland," Atlas explains.

Mr Morton nods.

"If anything like this happens again, I won't think twice about suspending you both." His eyes dart between me and Atlas. "Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes Mr Morton," we both answer.

"You may now go to your next lesson."

Me and Atlas pick our bags up off of the floor before standing up and heading towards the door. "Oh, and before you go, I would both like you to apologise to Mrs Sullivan before recess."

We both nod before exiting the office.

"This is all your fault, if you didn't fucking spill coke everywhere none of this would have happened."

"Are you forgetting the fact that you also took that tub and spilt coke all over me too?"

"Oh for fuck's sake, you started this whole thing and please for the love of God, please tell me you don't have geography next." Atlas stops in the middle of the hallway and stares at me.

"In fact we both have geography, so hurry your ass up unless you want to be late." I drag him by his sleeve as we make our way up the stairs. Atlas groans, sauntering behind me. "Do you even know where the room is?"