11.

Autumn Kingsley

It's 1:06 am, it's been a while since Atlas dropped me off and I can't fucking sleep.

Aurora's fast asleep next to me and I can't help but want to be a fucking cat right now.

Deciding that there was a zero percent chance I was going to be able to close my damn eyes and drift off to sleep, I carefully get up, making sure I don't wake Aurora up, and walk over to my desk where my phone and car keys were currently at and grab them, stuffing my phone into my left pocket and carrying my keys in my right hand.

Trying my best to be as quiet as possible, I make my way to my window and cautiously begin to open it before stepping onto the roof outside my window and use the wooden fence as support to get down.

I unlock my car before quickly getting in and turning the ignition on.

Since it was at least minus nine outside, I decide to turn on the heater to warm my car, mainly me, up.

This is how it's always been; every time I'm not able to sleep I sneak out and make my way to my own personal thinking place to pretty much just sit there and contemplate life and my will to live.

That 'own personal thinking place' has always remained the same and I had no plans on relocating.

The lake.

I preferred going there during winter since it meant that it'd be lower than fucking minus fifteen outside, meaning that the lake would probably be frozen as fuck.

When I was eight my mother used to take me ice skating- I did figure skating for five or so years and then kind of just stopped due to an accident during my attempt to land an axel (I'm not going into detail considering it was pretty grim).

Ever since then, I've been fucking terrified of the ice or going anywhere near it.

Something about the cold, and just winter in general has always been somewhat calming to me; it's the only time of the year I'm out a lot.

I'm not really a big fan of summer or spring; in other words, the only seasons where everything is alive.

I'd much prefer having everything dead.

Making a turn into the empty spot for my car, I park and turn the ignition off before getting out of my car and locking it.

It was freezing; despite the cold ass weather I was only wearing a hoodie and a bomber jacket.

Cautiously, I walk down the small slope leading to where the lake was. I try my best not to slip considering the concrete was covered in ice and I hadn't been on ice in a while.

Making my way over to the dock, I carefully lay down and gaze up at the stars above me.

There's always been something about the stars and space that fascinated me; the whole concept of the universe and galaxies was compelling.

I trailed my eyes over each and every star that illuminated the night sky, connecting each one and devising distinctive shapes and pictures.

When I was younger, my mother would always talk to me about space; I've grown up wanting to be an astronaut and go to space, I wanted to see all the different stars, planets, milky ways and whatever other entities there were in there.