4

Next day

Tessa: * Hardin just texted me saying he'll be picking us up in an hour.  I need to wake Emily up.
I go to her room * - princess wake up please we have to get ready we are going out.

Emily: - Mommy?  Are we going out with the boy from yesterday?

Tessa : - Yes, baby

Emily: -I liked him, he's cute looks like Ken from barbie but he has drawings on his arms.

Tessa : - I'm glad you liked him, but now enough about these things, let's get up * after I got Emily ready  I go get dressed and leave her watching TV, then when I go down the stairs the doorbell rings *

Hardin : * after sending a message to Tessa I  take a shower and then dress myself.  When I finish I get in the car and go to Tessa's house, when I get there, I ring the  doorbell  *

Tessa : * I open the door and see Hardin * - Hello, you can come in

Hardin : Hello. So are you ready to go?
I thought we could go out for breakfast?

Tessa :  oh yes thank god you said that, I really didn't feel like making breakfast now * we both started laughing *

Hardin : * when I look at the living room I see a girl sitting on the couch playing with a doll.  I approach her and kneel to get her size. * - Hello little one, so what's your name?

Emily : - Emily *Says shy*

Hardin : - So Emily, do you want to spend the day with me and your  mommy ?

Emily : - Yes * look at mommy* - Mommy, can we?

Tessa : - Hm ... Of course, you just have to put on your coat and we can go  ok?

Emily : - OK mommy

Hardin : - You are a good mother.

Tessa : - Well, I try.

Emily : - Mommy I  already put  the jacket !!

Tessa : - So, let's go?

Hardin : - Yes, of course * When we left Tessa's house she locked the door and got in the car, she put Emily in the chair that we passed from her car to mine and then sat in front of me.

I started the car and took us to a cafe to have breakfast *

Tessa : * we go into the cafe and sit at a table.  Em sat next to the hardin and I’m sitting across from them.  *

Hardin : - So princess what do you wanna eat ?

Emily : - Hm, can I have waffles with strawberries and an apple juice?

Tessa : - Of course, my love, you don't even have to ask, as long as you don't have sweet pieces you already know

Hardin : - What about you, Tessa?

Tessa : - Pancakes, bacon  and apple juice please

Hardin : - OK, I'm going to the counter to ask since it will take time for them to  come here.

Tessa : * Hardin went to the counter to order the food and I faced Emily.
I gave her some leaves with drawings   for her to paint and I look at her.
As much as the story with her father is not the best she was the best thing that happened to me and now I feel like I have one more ... Hardin *

Hardin : * I just placed the order and they told me that in 5 minutes they will take  the food to the table.
When I'm on my way to the table, I see Tessa looking intently at Emily, she sees her painting there, I wonder how much she's been through, I mean she's 17 years old and has a daughter who must be at least two years old .  I just know that whatever the story is, I'll hear it  and support it.  I arrive at the  table and Tessa's voice takes me out of my deep thoughts *

Tessa : - So, have you ordered?

Hardin : - Hm, yes they said that in 5 minutes they bring the food

Tessa : - Okay then

Hardin : * looks at Emily * - Hey princess what are you painting?

Emily : - A butterfly * lifts the leaf and shows to Hardin and Tessa *

Tessa : - It's very beautiful princess.

Hardin : - It's very beautiful Em.

Emily : - Thanks

Tessa : * After they bring the food we ate, Em was all dirty and Hardin helped her clean up, he's being so good to Em and he  just met her.*

Hardin : * After helping Em clean up we went to the car and I took us to a park where there were toys for the children to play.  We went there, And Emily's barely arrived and she's already started playing , Tessa and I are going to sit on a bench that was nearby *

Tessa : * Now that  Em is not here, its time to tell him  the story of my life. I'm afraid of what's going to happen next, but I have to tell him so he doesn't think I'm a whore like everyone else at school already thinks.
If he heard all the rumors about me before he knew the story he would never speak to me again * - Ready to know everything?

Hardin : - Tessa you don't have to say anything if you're not comfortable.

Tessa : - But I want to, and I'm comfortable with you here.
* he gave me a sign with his head saying he's listening. Here's nothing*
So two years ago.....

______________________________________

I wonder what happened two years ago with Emily's dad.

Comment a lot to find out