two.

-next morning-
[August 3rd]

"Peanut wake up, I set your clothes out for school" y/n say as she rubs Eliot's back trying to get him to wake up. "School today?" Eliot mumbles as he stretches "yes, and I'll get you waffles too if you get up now and change" y/n says as she get up from Eliot's bed "ok!" Eliot says as he shoots up off the bed extremely excited "can I get a chocolate chip waffle??" Eliot asks as he goes into the bathroom to pee "yep" y/n says as she walks out of the bedroom and into the kitchen "you're going to take him for breakfast ?" Mom asks y/n "yeah, just making sure he won't feel nervous or anything" y/n says as she pours herself a second cup of coffee "slow down on the coffee there mija" mom says to y/n "any updates on the house hunting?" Y/n ask her mom who's sitting at the table drinking coffee "well I found a nice house, 5 bed , 5 bath. And it's in front of a park" y/n's mom says as she pulls out the brochure from her bag and hands it to y/n. Y/n spend a few minutes reading all the details about the house and thinking of it's the best choice. "Is there any other house? that's nice but I'm not sure I want to share parking space with others" y/n says as you looks down the hall and into the bathroom making sure Eliot is getting ready "yeah another house but it's a further back, I don't know if you'll like the commute. It's a one hour drive from the station down to that house" mom says as she digs through her bag "it also only has four rooms and 3 baths" she then adds as she hands y/n the brochure "you know what, just sign on the first house and if we don't like it but then end of this year we can sell it. Let's not make life too complicated" y/n says after not giving much thought to either options "mommy I'm done!!!!" Eliot yells as he goes running into the kitchen "well then let's get going" y/n smiles and grabs her backpack and Eliot's backpack from the couch "bye mom, we'll be back later" y/n opens the hotel door and holds it open for Eliot "bye grandma!" Eliot says as he runs out into the hallway "be safe kiddos" mom yells out to both kids. Y/n closes the door behind both Eliot and herself and they both head down to the car. They both decide on Waffle House because it's the only place where Eliot likes his waffles, after spending about 10 minutes there they both head back out into the car and you finally make your way to the school.

-at school-

"Hi! I'm Elizabet Johnson, I'll be Eliot's teacher this year" the blond woman says as she extends her hand out for a handshake. Y/n kindly takes it and introduce herself "I'm y/n y/l/n and this little peanut is Eliot of course" y/n smiles and moves aside so Elizabet could see Eliot. "Well hi buddy, there are some kids over by the games if you would like to go play with them. And mom! Feel free to connect with the parents and stick around for a while" Elizabeth says in her very loud English voice "thank you" Eliot says as he runs over to the kids. Y/n just follows behind him and finds a spot near a window where she could lean on and watch her son "Lonely i see" a man says from beside y/n "at the moment" y/n responds in a very dry tone not wanting to talk to the guy. After a while of the man standing beside y/n he decides to speak up again "no ring on your finger, you're not married?" He asks as he stands in-front of you blocking your view of Eliot "no husband or boyfriend, I only date women" y/n informs him before moving over so she can keep an eye on her child "are you sure? I can always show you what you're missing. Let me take care of you darling" the man says as he once again steps in-front of y/n "look I said no, you're married. You have a whole ring on your finger and you have a child here. I don't think your wife would appreciate that much" y/n say as she walks away from the man and over to Eliot  "hey peanut, I'm going to head to work now. Have fun and remember to be respectful" y/n reminds Eliot "ok mommy! Look at my new friend! His name is Angelo... it's like angel but with a extra letter!" Eliot says as he points at Angelos name tag "my mommy also calls me peanut" Angelo says giggling "oh really? Well only the cutest little boys in the planet get called peanut" y/n say as she scoots over a little, just enough to where she can reach over to tickle Angelo.

That's the cutes laugh.

"see you later boys! I'll bring back some stickers for you all" y/n say as she kiss both kids foreheads and heads out. On the way to her car y/n spot the creepy man by the door of what one would guess is his car, which just so happens to be near y/n's car. "Darling, here's my card if you're interested" he says as he hands y/n a card and enters his car and drives away right away.

Simon konecki

On the small drive over to the station y/n receives a call from Police chief Rogers over at the LAPD where she used to work.

-phone call- (y=y/n // r=Rogers)
Y- y/l/n speaking
R- y/l/n it's Rogers
Y- hey man! How's it going?
R- it's going really good! I just wanted to let you know that the board has requested that we fly you out for the 11th, 12th, and 13th
Y- why is that? Am I in trouble?
R- not in trouble, they just would like for you to attend the award personally, so they said the 11th for you to mentally prepare. The 12th is the awards and then the 13th is for you to finish out some paperwork that you left here
Y- I have unfinished paperwork?!
R- no but it would be nice for you to hang around, Melissa is having her bachelorette but you know you can't drink so she said you could always just party with the strippers
Y- oh god, well I could definitely do the 11th and the 12th but I'm not sure about the 13th
R- you could always just watch the games with me and the boys, I know you enjoy doing that. Or we could arrange a guys day out and we could golf
Y- Rogers that would be nice if I was a 50 year old white man planning to retire soon
R- oh well for fucks sake just come down here
Y- fine then, I'll see what I can do.
-call ends-

[AN]Babies I know your really only reading for Adele and you but you do need some back ground on your life and how it is that you met Adele! Be patient with me :D

Word count: 1260