ten.

-continued

3 hours later (5pm)

"I'm backkkkk, did you miss me?" Adele enters the room and walks over to the vanity where y/n is sitting as she reads and responds to some work emails. "An incredible amount, I missed your gorgeous face" y/n closes her laptop and pulls Adele down to kiss her but hesitates. "Holy crap I'm so sorry, you're still married-", "Adele, Jess called out. Her parents were in an accident and she has to fly back home as soon as possible" Jonathan enters the dressing room. Y/n let's go of Adele and looks at her with a puzzling looks "my makeup artist" Adele says as she looks like she's about to freak out. "I'll do it, just tell me how it's usually done and I'm sure I can get it to that standard" y/n stands up off the chair and spins it around for Adele to take a seat. While Adele talks to her manager y/n removes her things from the vanity and ties her hair up, she washes her hands then pulls out all of Adele's makeup. When she's done taking to Jonathan she pulls out her phone and shows y/n a picture of what the makeup should look like. "You know what, send it to my phone and then I'll unlock it for you. Add your print and then you can keep you phone as a distraction" y/n suggests. She waits for Adele's pro Al before unlocking her phone and handing it to Adele for her to do her thing while y/n begins to prime her face and get her groove on. After a few minutes of y/n priming her face and applying foundation, her phone rings. "So you mind answering that?" She asks Adele. "Anything" Adele responds. She accepts the call for y/n and then sets the setting to speaker.

-phone call-
E- mommy
Y- baby what are you doing?
E- I miss you
Y- me more buddy, where's grandma? why do you have her phone
E- she's looking for me
Y- buddy where are you?
E- your room *background noise* [y/m: baby come here, mom will be back tomorrow] no! I want mom now!
Y- baby look, I'm going home tomorrow... we can go to the park, eat ice cream and the we can order Italian
E- and bake?
Y- yes and we can bake
E- promise
Y- yes baby I promise
E- good night mommy
Y- good night darling
- call ends -

"You're a great mom" Adele looks at y/n's eyes and smiles "at least for your age. Your fucking mature, at your age I was writing breakup songs" Adele vehicles at the ending of her sentence. "Stop looking at me like that" y/n places her bands over Adele's eyes and continues doing her makeup. "Like what?", "like you're not married" y/n responds. That silences both of them and they avoid eye contact for a while. Jonathan comes in and confirms rings with Adele and makes sure timing is on track. Before y/n is done she resumes the small talk, "is your tour almost over? What, you have like 3 months left?" She locks eyes with Adele once again.

Fucking butterflies.

"No, I have 9 months left of the tour. It ends in May" Adele takes a deep breath in and out "holy shit. An 18 month tour, you must be exhausted." Y/n says with a sad smile.

"Oh honey" y/n adds when she notices the tears weld up in Adele eyes. "No don't cry, not only because I'm almost done with your makeup but because this is a huge fucking accomplishment" Adele laughs at the mention where y/n is almost done with the makeup "I'll ruin the makeup after the show, don't worry"

-30 minutes later-

"All done, I added just some highlighter under your brows and inner corner of your eyes. I used the liquid highlighter for your nose and cheeks. In the picture you can really tell it's powder, oh and I changed your setting spray. I used mine" y/n points out what she did differently with the makeup routine. "Holy fucking shit y/n! this is amazing" Adele says as she jumps out of the seat and embraces y/n. "It just takes practice, now let's get changed" y/n says as she moves away from the hugs.