Adopted, Adapted

Calling him, I sheltered myself in this so-called Russia Sushi. He finally picked up.

"Ah, (Y/N)! How are you? More importantly, why did you call?" His cheery tone doesn't match with my bad mood right now.

"Can we talk about this when I'm in your place?" He sensed my mood from my tone, and hurriedly replied.

"Of course, of course! I'll just let Celty pick you up. It's raining there, right?" I made a grunt in response.

"...Just wait for her, ok? Wait, where are you?"

"...Russia Sushi." We then ended our call.

Great.

Might as well try their sushi since they said it was cheap.

~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~

"So... (Y/N), what made you come to Ikebukuro?"

"A lot of shit happened in the household." I took off my backpack and my slingbag and put it on the floor.

"...Like what?" He seemed nervous asking about it.

"Oh, right, we never contacted you that much or even communicate. By shit I mean that their crazy experiments got worse." He nodded, signalling me to continue.

"See this?" I rolled up my left sleeve, showing my left arm full of scratches.

"That's bad! How did that happen?"

"Well, since being the most innocent," she scoffed, "and probably the only sane one in the family, they tried to use me as a guinea pig, from small tests to... insane experiments which almost turned into a nightmare."

"Thank God you're still alive though!"

"Yeah. I endured the pain and torture until I graduated from highschool. I really can't take it anymore, but hey, at least I'm free now. Try to call them, they don't even care about me anymore."

Shinra fished out his phone and dialled the number. After waiting for what seemed like a long time, the call finally ended. He was silent until he looked at me with tears in his eyes. "They abandoned you?! How could they?!"

I sighed. This was the kind of reaction I was expecting. "Yeah. They even told me the 'truth' that I was only adopted. I feel like I'm a stranger to you now, like I was living my whole life a lie."

"NOO! Don't be so negative! Celty help me!!" He called out for Celty who was backing away from him.

"Don't be so childish."

"But anyway, I want to ask you a favor," They both looked in my way, and I cleared my throat.

"Please adopt me."

Yes, that was what I, (Y/N) (L/N) said to Shinra Kishitani and the Black Rider, Celty Sturluson.

I was waiting for an answer from them, which took awhile since it was unexpected, but Shinra finally spoke.

"Gladly! But... We can't adopt you legally though, because Celty and I aren't married ye-- GUH!" He was about to hug Celty when he was punched in the guts by her.

"It's okay, you can live here. I'm also happy that there's another female in this apartment. But there's one problem though..."

"Huh? What is it?" Celty slowly took off her helmet, revealing nothing but black smoke, which means she was headless. I smiled.

"No, that's not a problem at all! In fact, I've seen worse." She relaxed, and typed something on her phone.

"So you're not scared of me? That's really relieving, then." I nodded at her question, and looked at Shinra who's not in pain anymore.

"I guess everything's settled then? Oh, also, one more thing..." I inhaled, then exhaled.

"Can I call you Papa and Mama?"

I guess that was also unexpected. I just keep surprising people today.

"See, Celty?! She wants to be our daughter! We should get married soo-- ACK!" He got punched again. I guess that was a 'yes'.

Another home, another life, I guess.

~ - ~ - ~ - ~

Before going to my room, Celty told me to stay away from specific people, if ever I would go outside to the streets of Ikebukuro; In which I don't plan to go outside at all, because I'll be reading all the books Shinra has. Which makes me a bookworm.

She told me to stay away from color gangs, the... police? She also told me to not get in-between a fight with Ikebukuro's Strongest, Shizuo Heiwajima, and his nemesis, Izaya Orihara.

She also added to stay away from Izaya Orihara as much as possible, because he is a very dangerous man, and that you shouldn't mess with him.

I took note of all of those, in case I would really go outside.