Job Hunt

That annoying bastard.

You frustratingly threw the manga you just read across the room. You were reading manga to get your thoughts away from last night; But it just so happened to have a mischievous character who causes trouble for the main character and your mind had to think about Izaya.

"Why him of all people..?"

~ - ~ - ~ - ~

You decided to find a job, so you won't be a burden to Celty and Shinra, in which they disagreed to since they 'adopted' you and are taking responsibility over you; But you insisted, also saying that you don't do anything other than read anyway, so they accepted your reason and considered your 'job hunt'.

You chose to get help from Erika first, since she's the closest friend you have in this town.

"Erika!" You called out to her, walking towards the open trunk of the van where she sat.

"Hi (Y/N)! Wha~! You look so cute today!" She hugged you and squealed.

"Thank you... I guess?" You both giggled and she sat back down.

"So, what made you come to the great Karisawa-san?"

"I actually wanted your help. I want to find a job for me to support myself, so I won't be relying much on--"

"We'll help you! A job, right? Yumacchi!" She cut you off, calling out to Walker who popped his head out from the back seats.

"Yeah I heard! I think I found the right job for her!"

~ - ~ - ~ - ~

"So where exactly is this job I'm taking?"

"Don't worry! I know you'll like it! Besides, it has great pay too!"

"Oh really..."

"Yup! Plus, you like Anime, right? So you're sure to have fun with it!"

Erika and Walker exchanged sensible reasons to convince you throughout the ride, even though you haven't seen what the job is like.

"I swear, if it's for a maid café--"

"We're here!" Walker covered your eyes and Erika slowly lead you down the vehicle, saying 'it's a surprise'. When he removed his hands, you stared wide-eyed. The place was totally in pastel pink, and other girly shades, and had flowers outside. The words 'Kawaii Ichigo' was outlined with pink and below it was a very cute strawberry with anime eyes, which stood up to its name. Below also from the strawberry display was written 'Maid Café' in color brown and in cursive. Overall, it may be really cute, and you would love to visit it everyday, but working here? Especially being a maid? You're not quite sure how you'll feel about this.

"I knew it."

"Oh come on, (Y/N)! You haven't even seen the interior yet!" Erika said, dragging you inside the café. Walker asked one of the maids if he can talk to the manager. The maid simply nodded, guiding the three of you to the manager's office, where a blonde female with blue eyes sat.

"What is it? What brings you here?"

"Ah! Miss Manager! Well, we have a friend here, and she said she wanted a job, so we thought that you could help her!" Walker explained, gesturing to you.

"Ohh? It's okay! She can get a job here, but one question: Are you serious about this?" You straightened yourself and cleared your throat.

"Before I answer, can I ask a favor first?" The manager nodded.