A New Feeling

I arrived home safe and sound. I opened the door and blurted out "Tadaima!" as I walked to the living room. I saw Mama Celty and Papa Shinra playing a video game.

"Welcome back, (Y/N)! How was your day?" Papa asked, leaving out Mama to play by herself.

"Fine I guess... Or not, because I was with Izaya." Mama then stopped, turning off the game quickly and then took out her phone, typing into it.

"You were with Izaya? Are you okay?!"

"Yeah, I'm okay. It's just that... Something happened earlier." I sat down on the couch, and took out my flickblade.

"What happened? Were you hurt? More importantly, did he hurt you?!"

"Ah, no, not really. It went like this: At some point we were walking around the streets, until he grabbed me and held me like a human shield. Things happened too quickly, as a vending machine was flying in the air, and I tried to dodge it. That resulted in me throwing down Izaya on the ground, and because of the force I used for my action, I stumbled down, but quickly recovered from it and stood up. Just then, the vending machine was already on the ground, and a man in bartender clothes was--"

"That bartender was Shizuo, right?"

"I guess, because when the two started talking, Izaya called him 'Shizu-chan'." He nodded as I spinned my flickblade in my hand.

"Well, when the chase started, he... Uh..." I started to fidget, and became nervous. I don't really feel like this, but this happens only when they would start experiments on me.

"He..? Izaya?"

"Ah, yeah, Izaya... He... Um... Goddammit." I cursed under my breath, running a hand through my hair.

"He kissed me."

Shinra widened his eyes, and then sighed. "Oh dear."

"...Can I vent to you?" Celty and Shinra looked at eachother, back to me, and nodded.

"Go on."

I inhaled, then exhaled. "...Alright. Izaya, Izaya, Izaya... I think I hate him now. He's absurd, keeps doing foolishness, and messes with me; Like he can do everything he wants! What is he, God? Because he 'loves humans'? Fuck that, he almost even choked me to death today! I thought he was fine, because he toured me around Ikebukuro and keeping me company; But nooo. He used me as a human shield to defend himself from the fucking flying vending machine. I knew he was dangerous, and he tried to kill me by doing that, and from our first conversation, he's already messing with me. I guess he likes to toy with his 'beloved humans', but really? Kissing me? I actually even made myself as boring and straight-faced as I can so he won't have any fun, but he still thinks up of something that can take me off guard. Seriously, and most of all, he's annoying as fuck."

I guess they were a bit surprised. I mean, they are expecting that, but I didn't mentioned the choking part earlier. "...Do you still have anything to say?" I nodded, then continued talking.

"But I don't know; We are talking about him and I did say that I hate him but... Thinking about him... About the kiss... AUGH!!" I sighed frustratedly and threw my flickblade somewhere far, hoping that it will not be damaged.

"I don't like it! My heart's been feeling like this when we were at Russia Sushi and I've been suppressing it ever since but it just won't stop making this weird feeling!"

"Ah, (Y/N)... Aren't you falling in love?" I stared at my so-called Papa Shinra, my eyes wide in shock.

"Oh... OHH. Well shit."

This is my first time experiencing it then. A new feeling, because I've never felt like this before and I only read about them in books and manga.

But I don't know how I should act through this. Yeah I can still keep up this facade, but it doesn't last long until he discovers. He's an informant, so he'll find out soon enough. It's bound to happen.

"I guess I'll have to see what happens to me. Wish me luck then." I stood up and grabbed my flickblade on the floor, happy when I saw that it wasn't damaged.

"Also, Mama and Papa, I'll be at my room, so call me when dinner's ready." I then went up the stairs to my room, going inside.

I lied down, and thought about stuff.

"What should be my course of action when I see him again? Punch him in the face for being so annoying, or... AGHH!!" I pounded on the pillows, and then huffed.

"Tch. I shouldn't be stressing over him."

~ - ~ - ~ - ~

After eating dinner, I asked Mama Celty if I could borrow her laptop. She agreed to and I quickly grabbed at least two mangas and went to where the laptop was. It was a good change for at least one day, and relaxing, listening to music while reading manga. Papa Shinra was just doing research about his doctor stuff at the other side, so I'm not bothering him. After reading manga, I checked the time. It was 10pm, so I still had time to surf through the internet. I first checked my email, then read on interesting anime articles, even though I prefer manga over anime. I'm such a bookworm.

After a while, I heard the doorbell ring, and Papa stood up to answer it. I still continued to read though the entertaining articles. Some time then, I heard him calling out to me.

"(Y/N)!"

"Yes? What is it?"

"Can you get me the gauze and ointment in the drawers at the left?"

"Okay!" I got the materials and went over to Papa Shinra.

Dammit. Izaya's here again.

"Orihara-san, you're here again."

"Of course I am~! What else would I be here for?"

"I see that you got more injuries than last time." I said, ignoring his question.

"Thanks to you, I slowed down, and Shizu-chan caught up to me! My back still hurts, too." He said, pouting.

"That's what you get for using someone as a human shield for an incoming vending machine."

"Cold as ever, (Y/N)-chan~! You should be grateful that I toured you to Ikebukuro, you know! I even gave you my thanks as a reward for eating the fatty tuna I ordered for you, which you insisted to eat at first." He smirked as I raised my eyebrow, even though I know what he meant; He even put heavy emphasis on those two words. Bastard.

If only I could wipe that smirk off his face.

"I'm done patching you up, Izaya." Shinra said, packing his things up and going back inside the room where his laptop is, saying something like 'me locking up the door when Izaya goes out'.

"Thank you, Shinra~!" Izaya said as he stood up, but I noticed a small folded paper fall down to the floor. I pick it up, and walked over to give to Izaya.

"Orihara-san, this paper belongs to you, right?" I held it out to Izaya, but it was a bad idea. I was too late.

He wrapped an arm around me, and whispered to my ear, "Thank you (Y/N)-chan.". He had a weird tone to it, and then suddenly-- He kissed my cheek.

He quickly left, saying, "I'm going now! Bye Shinra! Bye (Y/N)-chan!" He had that smirk again, probably laughing in the inside and amused now from my reaction.

My eyes were wide open, and had a blushing face so red, freezing me in place, not being able to move.