Irksome

"I'm sorry, Orihara-san."

You are now standing in front of Izaya, who was sitting down, having an upset face. Why were you apologizing? Remember that text you got from Izaya yesterday?

'(Y/N)-chan? Where's the package that I assigned you to get?'

Yeaaah.

"You better be! Now the client got disappointed."

You held your head down, feeling so bad about yourself. You failed at doing such a simple task, and Izaya looked really serious about it. Is he going to fire you? He doesn't look like he's fooling around. Thoughts of possible happenings ran through your mind.

He sighed, "I did that on purpose."

You looked up at him, confused, raising your eyebrow. He stood up, walking nearer to you. "There wasn't anything to get in the first place. The address was fake."

You clutch the strap of your bag tightly, glaring at him. "So you were just..."

A grin formed on his lips. "It's so fun messing around with you, (Y/N)-chan."

You pursed your lips, not wanting to say anything. You swiftly pivoted your heel and walked to your desk, slamming your bag down as you turned on the laptop. You tsk'ed, tapping your fingers on the hard surface of the desk, impatiently waiting for the laptop to load everything. Izaya laughed, amused by the attitude you were giving him.

"I expected you to go to the bakery, but I didn't expect that date with Shizu-chan." You turned your chair and faced Izaya.

"Excuse me? Orihara-san, I only look at Shizuo-san as a friend." You huffed, going to your bag and shuffled through it. You pulled out the black kitty plushie you got from your first try of 'claw crane' and threw it to Izaya. You like both dogs and cats equally, but the puppy plushie just looks cuter than the other. At least thinking about cute little things made your anger go away.

"Hm?"

"I got that from a claw crane game. It reminded me of you."

"Really~? So you were thinking about me the whole time?"

Both of the plushies had cute smiles, but this kitty had more of an evil one. Its black fur just makes the vibe more... Mischievous.

"Yes, and no." You walked to Izaya, and moved his hand that was holding the plushie to the left side of his face. Eyes squinting and arms crossed, you peered onto his slightly puzzled face.

"(Y/N)--" You lifted up a hand, silencing him. You pointed your finger at his hair.

"Black hair." You then pointed, hesitantly, at his eyes.

"Eyes... Well, only the eye colors are the difference." Next, his mouth.

"Your mouth..." You looked at Izaya then the kitty, and back at Izaya. He finally understood what you were doing, and smirked.

"Wait, hold that smirk. Don't move."

After some quick inspections at both the plushie and Izaya, you whispered, "Perfect."

You clasp your hands together. "You can move now, Orihara-san."

He sighed, "What was that for, (Y/N)-chan? Were you comparing me to this?" He then stared at the kitty plushie.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because you two are alike." You left to go to the bookshelves, pulling out a book and reading it.